please everyone

Guest scarednortheast

Guest scarednortheast

hi ive posted two otehr messages in the last two days i just feel like im goin out of my mind n im so frightened, people do hav the exact same thoughts i have, asking wishin, praying, hoping these terrible things to happen to people ya most care bout? or am i alone?

Guest Sammyhostie

Hiya honey

Im sorry your so worried, I dont have exactly the same thoughts as you, but I do understand where you are coming from.

Im sure people do have these thoughts as well, and you must remember that it isnt you talking, just your OCD.

Please dont feel alone or scared, we are always here for you.

Keep strong

xxx

Guest patsy

Hiya,

Yes, people do get the same kind of thoughts as you get. It is in fact common for people to get these kind of thoughts whether they have OCD or not. The difference being that people who do not have OCD can let go of them quickly whereas we with OCD are not as able to let go. I have them too, very much so. I suffer from the same kind of OCD as you do.

I have also had thoughts about strangers, who I don't even know and that too is quite common with OCD. Please try to accept it is OCD and you will start to feel a bit better. When you do get the thoughts, don't try to get rid of them. Just let them happen and say to yourself, "you know what, this is nothing but an OCD thought" and treat them as being of no importance whatsoever. It does work. :) They will go quicker.

I hope you feel a bit better soon. Keep posting here and we will try to help you as much as we can.

Take care,

Love Pasty xx

Guest Tulsas

Hello my friend..I sent you another personal message,so when you have time you can read it...

Firstly when you hope for someone to die thats the OBSESSION.because you are obsessed with that certain thought

secondly, saying you really mean it, is the COMPULSION.because you feel compelled to add this to the 1st thought..basically the ocd wants you to try and feel as bad as you possibly can..

thirdly its a DISORDER...

I use to and still do on certain ocassions do the same.

Sometimes I will have a thought about wishing someone I love dies but unlike you I finish my thought like this...." I hope my friend dies in a crash is something i would never say or mean because it is not true"

You would think.." I hope my friend dies in a crash and I mean it".

You don't mean it but the ocd is making you feel compelled to think that last bit about meaning it to make the thought even worse..

Fight the compulsion to not think that last bit of the thought for 1 or 2 minutes then think it..when you realise you really can think one of theses thoughts without adding "you relly mean it " for 1 or 2 minutes you will then be able to do it for 5 or 6 minutes then 10 or 11 minutes till it fades...

I dread getting up in the mornings knowing I have another day to face with these thoughts.But I know when I get to work and start talking to others I know the thoughts will leave even its for a little while..that does comfort me

Guest traze

I use Bach Flower remedies a lot. One 'Red Chestnut' is particularly useful for this exact problem. Worrying that something awful has happened to friends and/or family. Have a look at

www.bachcentre.com/centre/remedies.htm

Then look at the description of Red Chestnut

Also lots of info on this site on flower remedies and other remedies that could be useful for OCD including:

Mimulus - fear of known things e.g. 'harming someone'

Cherry Plum - fear of losing your mind

Crab Apple -contamination fears

You can have a combination. The usual dose is 4 drops up to 4 times daily.

There are various suppliers, I can recommend one if anyone interested.

Also some suppliers will make you a combination or you can consult

a practitioner who will help you to find the right combination for you.

People may be skeptical reading the description of how they are made etc but I have seen plenty of cases where they worked very well.

Best wishes

Traze

Guest traze

The other Bach Flower remedy for obsessions is White Chestnut

(quote from the same site ) ...'the remedy for unwanted thoughts, worries and mental arguments, which intrude into the mind and stop people from concentrating on things that they should be doing. Thoughts are repetitive and go nowhere, simply circling round and round in the head like a stuck gramophone record.

The remedy is used to help people control their thoughts again so that they can deal calmly and rationally with any underlying problems that might be causing the trouble.'

I think Bach has a lot of insight into OCD and anxiety and I know several people who have benefitted from the remedies.

BW

Therese

Guest scarednortheast

hi this is probably my ocd too. i wrote a message on here and looked to see over 60 people have read it but only five replies is this beacuse all these people dont have the thoguhts i talk bout? do people think in their head tehy want wish hope pray their family memebrs or close peeople to them to die.

i want to say a huge thank you to people i have receicved personal messages from u will never know how much uve helped me.

please even if it is short write something, it wud be so appreciated.

thanks

hi this is probably my ocd too.  i wrote a message on here and looked to see over 60 people have read it but only five replies is this beacuse all these people dont have the thoguhts i talk bout?

35924[/snapback]

The 60 views include your own viewings and also those for that replied, they may all have viewed 3 or 4 times on top of your viewings, so they soon add up. It could be that others that have viewed don't know how to reply or don't have time and may reply later.

I think it's very common when you're feeling so scared, you post and then refresh & refresh hoping that someone will answer with that one piece of information that will make you better. As Ashie says, each time you go to check, you're adding your own 'view' to it.

If you look at the site, you'll see there are loads of people who have, or have had exactly the same fears. It depends who's on site at the time and feels they have a useful response for you.

Please don't worry about it, your fears are very common :)

I've had thoughts about hurting/killing people in my family so your not alone. I'm almost always feeling scared and frightened but the great people here have helped. There are people who know what you are going through and they are always willing to help.

(While I'm here I just want to say: Thank you for all your help guys)

And I'll say aswell that I am always checking for replies or new messages which are similar to how I feel.

You are not alone.

Keep Posting.

Love

Gayle

xoxox