Reverse phsycology

Guest Tulsas

Guest Tulsas

OK here we go again.I have a friend who counsels people about all different types of problems and he has helped me over the years and belive me he has been an enormous help..I try not to ring him unless I am having a really really bad day with my thoughts and compulsions to think them..

Anyway he tried a new method on me without me really realising what he was doing..He told ME to stop picking on the ocd..He said I was the bully not the ocd...He said the ocd is not interested in ME..I am the one who keeps interupting it, and to get on with whatever I am doing and LEAVE the ocd alone and stop picking on it.........Just by thinking in this way has actually given me a massive surge of strength to look at and fight the ocd in a different light..

I always looked at being the weak one who had to face another day of these horrible thoughts and compulsions running my life but he has some how given me the power to find back...

Guest Smudger

That's an interesting way of looking at it! I'm glad it's working for you Tulsas-be sure to let us know how you get on with your new method! :)

Guest ScottOCDid

Hi Tulsas,

Really pleased to hear that you've gained a new and empowering perspective on your OCD. :)

During the hard times, I know that it can be easy to feel as though you're taking a beating from a more powerful foe... but I'm also very clear in my mind that the people who face up to OCD and fight it (as everyone is doing by using this forum), are among the toughest goddam folk around! :thumbup::thumbup::D

Yay to all of us!!!!!!!! :thumbup:

S

but I'm also very clear in my mind that the people who face up to OCD and fight it (as everyone is doing by using this forum), are among the toughest goddam folk around! :thumbup:  :D  :)

Yay to all of us!!!!!!!! :thumbup:

35972[/snapback]

And so say all of us :thumbup:

Tormented sometimes but weak we ain't :)