medication

Guest flower

Guest flower

i when to my doctors today and ive been put on some medication called citalopram. ive been told i will have side affects :) , such as feeling sick and maybe being sick. im not looking forward to that :) . but ive been told it should help me. and im on it for a month.

Guest patsy

Hey flower,

I have been taking citalopram for a few years and find it is excellent for helping with my OCD (and depreression). I have to point out though that medication can affect everyone differently, but hopefully it will have the same affect on you as it has had on me.

The worst side effect I notice is that it makes me sweat quite a lot but haven't been sick, in fact I have had very few side effects on it tbh. Let us know how it goes for you. Remember it can take a few weeks for it to kick in so bear with it to see if it helps you.

Take care

Love Patsy xx

Guest Tommo

Hi Flower,

Ive been taking Citalopram for about 2 and a half months now and have had no side effects at all apart from a little light headeness for the first day or so.

Like Patsy said, it effects everyone differently. Every drug comes with a list of possible side effects don't they, but hopefully you'll find you don't notice any of them.

From what i've read on this board, most people have had positive things to say about it.

Tommo :)

but ive been told it should help me. and im on it for a month.

35906[/snapback]

Hi Flower, you might want to check this with your GP because sometimes the medication can take 4-6 weeks to start having a positive effect, so you may need to be on it for longer than a month,

Guest flower

:) thakyou, i do feel light headed and sleepy. thankyou i feel much more confident about taking the the mediaction at first i was worried becuase i usally aviod pills.

Hi Flower,

Ive been taking Citalopram for about 2 and a half months now and have had no side effects at all apart from a little light headeness for the first day or so.

Like Patsy said,  it effects everyone differently.  Every drug comes with a list of possible side effects don't they, but hopefully you'll find you don't notice any of them.

From what i've read on this board, most people have had positive things to say about it.

Tommo :)

35915[/snapback]