Can anyone relate to this post? Esp people who have come out the other end!

Guest MissObsession

Guest MissObsession

Hey,

Just a quick one. I have not posted on here for a while simply because I have been feeling alot better.

However I wanted to ask this as its something I have been experiencing and I don't like it one bit!

Every now and then I feel anxious. Sometimes I am not entirely sure why but I just feel "on edge"! That is probably the best way to put it. This morning I woke up and I felt weird. Sometimes the feelings feel like how I did when I was suffering very bad. Sometimes too I just want to cry. Now I am a cry baby but sometimes I find this the best way for a sense of relief!

I do doubt sometimes and they can be a mix of things either in relation to POCD or my relationship. I don't think I am ever going to be 100% sure about myself with any of these topics but I am trying my hardest even though sometimes I feel like I am lying to myself! I determined not to get back in to that rut! My relationship is easy because I doubted that so much before with my ex its only natural for it to carry on I guess. I see that same pattern there so thats OK. I recognise it and try and let it go immediately.

I guess what I am tryig to say is that those who have come over the worse of OCD, do they still get the doubt days? The aniexty and sometimes want to cry?

Any replies and anyones experiences would certainly be very helpful to me, esp if you have had worries etc over relationships and POCD.

Thanks and hugs to all! :hug:

Guest hopefulness

Hi there,

About 5 months ago i was having a terrible time with my ocd but now im feeling alot better.Ive come a long way in my recovery of ocd but i also still have the odd bad day or experience moments where i feel as dreadful as ever and end up having a cry. Having said that it always passes and i do know im getting better. I think maybe even when fully recovered, people who have suffered from ocd in the past may still occasionally when under stress have moments where they recall some of their old obsessions or anxious thoughts etc because its in their memory from past suffering but once recovered they now know how to deal with it and are able to rid themselves of it again. Recovery is so up and down its difficult to see that you are still recovering despite the bad days. I truly believe full recovery is possible, i know many people who have done, and the feelings you describe come to no longer matter.

Take care, hope this helps.

Louise

Stressful situations can make me more vulnerable, so I still have to be vigilant. I don't think I'll ever go back to the situation I was in before OCD took a grip.

However, the skills and the strength that I had to acquire in battling through the worst, are now standing me in good stead. I can recognise the early warning signs and I avoid making my previous mistakes. I carry the scars, but I'm a stronger person now.

Guest kazzam34

I sometimes feel anxious for no reason, and have to work hard so my OCD doesn't latch on to it and say "ah, if you are feeling anxious/guilty/sad then bit must mean you have done something terrible". I try to see it as just a physical symptom rather than looking for a cause.

• 1 month later...
Guest rubytuesday

Hi there, the most promiment aspects of my OCD were POCD and ROCD, I would definitely say I am recovering, especially from the POCD which used to absolutely dominate my life. I do have days where I just feel anxious and can't quite work out why, or when I'm having a stressful period I find I have the odd thought i can absolutely attribute to OCD. I do think as time goes on and you have more good days you feel so much better equipped to cope. I am still very much battlign with ROCD but figure if I can overcome the other stuff then this must be doable too. Just so you know you're absolutely not alone with this! x

Guest summerleft

when i first started dealing with OCD yes but id say now 4 months down the line now the anxiety has gone I dont get those down days, i think sometimes we all get them specially women, It may well be different for everyone though