Ready to face my OCD

Hi all

first of all I would like to thank everyone that participates in this forum it definitley helps to know I am not alone

I would like some adavice about my OCD. I feel that i am at the point of wanting to face and overcome my OCD once and for all. I know this will be difficult but does anyone have any advice about doing this. Should i do this all at once and face it head on or use a more subtle method.

I would be intersted to here your opinions

Blessings

Ron

Guest Laurawin

Hi all

first of all I would like to thank everyone that participates in this forum it definitley helps to know I am not alone

I would like some adavice about my OCD. I feel that i am at the point of wanting to face and overcome my OCD once and for all. I know this will be difficult but does anyone have any advice about doing this. Should i do this all at once and face it head on or use a more subtle method.

I would be intersted to here your opinions

Blessings

Ron

Hi Ron first of all well done for deciding to fight ocd! I have beat it before and in the process of doing it again. I am facing it head on right now and it is difficult but you have to remember that if you slip you haven't failed. You have to get back up and keep going. I think whatever way you feel is working better is the way to go. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Hi Laura

thanks for the reply and the support it is really appreciated. I guess that is true diffirent things work for diffirent people. I did try and face my OCD about 6 months ago and it beat me but only temporaily. I will not give up I will be brave and try again. Can I ask what you have done to face your OCD and what is the most effective method it is always good to learn from others experience

Blessings

Ron

Hi Lawrie

thanks for the reply and you opinion is really welcomed and helps. I have been to the doctors and was prescibed with citilopram about 5 months ago. I now feel it is time to come off them and the doctor says that is a good thing. I feel that I would be able to do this myself but I do appreciated what you say about doing it gradually. I will take it a day at a time but I know that it will take courage on my part and I will beat it I am determined to do it. Recently my OCD has mutated a sure sign that it is trying to hold on, so nothing will hold me back. How is your OCD at the moment I am here to listen

Blessings

Ron :)

Edited by Punkdonkey