Prescription Prepayment Certificate (PPC)

I'd noticed the tick box on the back of the prescriptions i hand over, but never thought about it too much...

all the info is at http://www.ppa.org.uk/ppa/ppc_intro.htm

if any of you, like me, get more than one thing on prescription a month, then buying one of these (bit like an NHS 3-monthly or yearly subscription) could save a few quid....

i reckon with my prozac, ulcer meds, painkillers, hay fever spray and sleeping tablets, i could save a fortune over a year :lol2: (healthy little bunny, ain't i? :) )

(edit: for England and Wales only - phoned to check :) )

(edit again :lol2: you can pick one up at a pharmacy here in Scotland - my local Boots issues 'em!!)

Edited by Guest

Yeh, I get one of these cerificates each year, and if you're clever you can actually get an extra couple of months to make it every 14 months. I get two months supply at a time of my meds (I think they got fed up writing long prescriptions :thumbup: ) so I make sure I order my final script of 'the year' just prior to my annual cert. expiring, then I don't have to buy another one for an extra 2 months :lol2:

See it's not just the scots who are tight :thumbup:

Catherine :tongue:

Yeh, I get one of these cerificates each year, and if you're clever you can actually get an extra couple of months to make it every 14 months. I get two months supply at a time of my meds (I think they got fed up writing long prescriptions :thumbup: ) so I make sure I order my final script of 'the year' just prior to my annual cert. expiring, then I don't have to buy another one for an extra 2 months :lol2:

37280[/snapback]

ooh, handy tip too - i get 56 days worth at a time, lol

See it's not just the scots who are tight :thumbup:

Catherine :tongue:

i was born in Walton Hospital and lived in Merseyside til i was 18 - maybe it says more about us scousers :thumbup: :thumbup:

David x

i was born in Walton Hospital and lived in Merseyside til i was 18 - maybe it says more about us scousers 

Wow, I worked for 3 years doing nurse training at Walton hospital............I absolutely loved the place. :thumbup: . Mind you it's a good few years since they had a maternity unit there as I think it was transferred to nearby Fazakerly during the 70's..............so you must be erm 'mature' of years :thumbup:

It's such a small world the way you 'bump into' folk isn't it!

Walton hospital is largely knocked down now and they've moved everything to Fazak on a massive scale. But I adored Walton and it was a cracker hospital. I still get nostalgic when I pass there.

Dare I ask which footie team you support :thumbup:

As you say, trust the scousers to work out a good scam :lol2:

Catherine :thumbup:

Dare I ask which footie team you support :censored:

37299[/snapback]

weeeeell, the last match i went to was everton v newcastle...

i think bob latchford scored... :wallbash:

i don't really do crowds that well, lol - it was a friend's birthday treat a long (long) time ago :wallbash:

caveman

(definitely giving his age away)

Oh well, at least you have a bit of blue in you :lol2:

Know what you mean about the crowds, at one time I was a season ticket holder at Goodison but not for many years due to the old OCD :( . But Bob Latchford is a childhood hero of mine, and I was there when he scored his 30th goal in a season and won something like £10, 000, a lot of dosh in those days :)

Catherine