I think my marriage is over

Guest Badger

Had my CBT session today. Had a good session. Need to get angry with OCD now...not going to let it take my wife and little boy away !

Something interesting, I asked her why i need things perfect, like my CD's. She said perfection is safe...if something is not perfect then there's a risk...and you can never really have perfection. So by trying to search for perfection, i'm looking for safety all the time. Clever thing this OCD ! Managed to get 2 more sessions. They were a bit unsure to give me more as it might become part of reasurrance. But we have a plan for the final two.

Thanks for all your help, sure i'll be back soon, but just wanted to give an update.

Had my CBT session today. Had a good session. Need to get angry with OCD now...not going to let it take my wife and little boy away !

Something interesting, I asked her why i need things perfect, like my CD's. She said perfection is safe...if something is not perfect then there's a risk...and you can never really have perfection. So by trying to search for perfection, i'm looking for safety all the time. Clever thing this OCD ! Managed to get 2 more sessions. They were a bit unsure to give me more as it might become part of reasurrance. But we have a plan for the final two.

Thanks for all your help, sure i'll be back soon, but just wanted to give an update.

good news mate. and your right. we really do have to be honest and brutal if we want to win that fight,

perfectionism is a bummer,but it can be chaged mate. Like i said, we need to stop asking etc, and change

the cognitive behaviours, so that the perfectionism becomes less bothersome.

or as i say now im better........ sod it.... i got other things to spend my many wasted hours on !

good news mate. and your right. we really do have to be honest and brutal if we want to win that fight,

perfectionism is a bummer,but it can be chaged mate. Like i said, we need to stop asking etc, and change

the cognitive behaviours, so that the perfectionism becomes less bothersome.

or as i say now im better........ sod it.... i got other things to spend my many wasted hours on !

Your right legend. He does need to come less important. I like the, "ive got better things to spend my wasted hours on 1". Easy said that done but got to give it everything if i want my family and not on my own in a 1 bedroom bedsit sat there with my CD's and OCD.

Thanks for your help.

Your right legend. He does need to come less important. I like the, "ive got better things to spend my wasted hours on 1". Easy said that done but got to give it everything if i want my family and not on my own in a 1 bedroom bedsit sat there with my CD's and OCD.

Thanks for your help.

Not easy no. But for us to get better we really do have to roll up those sleeves, and be prepared to

shed blood sweat and tears, because ocd is a beatable illness, and it can be controlled.

Good luck

legend

Your spot on Legend. It is beatable. My problem always been I felt sorry for myself but need to roll those sleeves up and "shed blood sweat and tears" ! Good fighting talk, this is what i need to install in myself.

Guest PassTheHelp

Your spot on Legend. It is beatable. My problem always been I felt sorry for myself but need to roll those sleeves up and "shed blood sweat and tears" ! Good fighting talk, this is what i need to install in myself.

As a A.Greatman once said Mr Badger "It's time nut up or shut up" lets OC ya later ;)

Guest PassTheHelp

Yeah i agree PassTheHelp. Probably be up against it later with OCD but i'll give it a damm good go.

If you are then you come back here and we talk about it!