OCD and pets?

Guest PassTheHelp

Guest PassTheHelp

Has anyone else noticed that there pet becomes distressed when they have an anxiety / ocd spike? I have a cat and when i'm spiking silently freaking out the cat without fail comes and nudges me or physically sits on my keyboard (I research as part of my obsession). Is it just my cat? I find it so weird. My partner is sat 3 ft from me and doesn't know i'm silently freaking out yet my cat comes and sits on me (he is not normally a lap cat by any means)

Guest wobblebobble

aaaw, cats. The most sensitive of creatures, but then I am biased. One of my cats is very good at picking up when I am stressed out, and will often come and sit on my knee at such times (even though she is not really a lap cat). I found her particularly sensitive after my mum died - even if I wasn't crying, she just used to come and sit with me.....

Consider yourself very lucky to have such a wonderful pet...... :hug:

Guest nettles585

They know! my cat loves headbutting you anyway to get some snuggles but seriously i believe they do know!!

I was having a terrible time once at home on my own i remember it clear to this day.

I was panicking so scared of everything it was horrible.

I sat on the sofa and rested my head on my cats belly trying not to squash him and my other cat come along and sat on me.

I believe that they knew i was suffering and it was weird it was like i couldnt move even though i felt so bad, they were protecting me:)

xxx

:D

Guest Annabel

My little dog will come and sit with her ears back and wag in a particular way and then go and suck her teddy (which she does when she's stressed!)and when I used to tell my mum what was worrying me my dog would bark/walk away! I suppose they can pick up changes in our behaviour!

Guest nettles585

hehe maybe shes asleep im afraid to move her so i wont move the little baby x dont you think cats smell quite nice too or is that me? i hope its not just me and im not a complete weirdo haha x

Guest PassTheHelp

It's funny that you say that Lawrie because when I can see my cat is trying to comfort me it upsets me because I feel like I am letting him down haha I truly am crazy and not just because of the OCD! :)

Guest wobblebobble

aaaaaaw, I am so glad I am not the only one Lawrie.....I hate upsetting my cats!! Even my cockerel knows when I'm upset and he makes all these silly noises at me and follows me round the coop - shame he doesn't enjoy a cuddle like me!!! :hug:

Wobble

xx

Guest summerleft

ohh yes mine do, they sense me getting stressed and get upset dogs more than the cats, I have a horse he would notice if I was having a hard time and come over to me and stand in front of me, once he stood slap bang where i was trying to walk and nuzzled me, was deffinately comforting and pulled me out of my ritual.

Guest nettles585

I need to say this you all might think im into animal cruelty or something but im not and if any of you have the same sense of humor as me then i hope it cheers you up.

We had a big fluffy tom cat, he was a really scardey type cat, and when we said the words 'should we kick him' he loved the abuse! he got really excited and turned round and we used to get our foot and wedge it under his bum and lift him up slighty like we were kicking him but we werent hurting him at all please understand this lol!

So i think my cat needed therapy lol he liked a kick up the bum :) xxx

Guest likesawash

Are you sure your cat didn't just crawl oh your lap for food? With my cat, it's usually always about the food lol He's still perfect though. Anybody who says "Nobody is perfect" has obviously never met my sweetest of all possible sweet cats! Man i love animals. i hope when i get to heaven they're crawling all over me.

Guest nettles585

I always have loved the cat :) something very strange about them.

Ive always said i want to be locked in a room full of kittens :D

And no the cat just liked being kicked up the bum haha, we didnt do it hard he used to turn round and give a playful nip :)

Weve had so many cats the only thing wrong with them is that they have to go and they don stay with us forever ! x