Advice needed, getting obsessive over music boxset

Guest Badger

Hi All,

As you might have seen from a previous post, one of my obsession's is about my CD collection. I've worried about marks, scratches. My Beatles collection is my pride and joy, possible far too obsessive about this. Well my latest worry is that my Beatles Mono boxset is a fake. I bought it direct from Amazon.co.uk last May and paid £180 on it. I've heard that there are fake Beatles mono boxsets out there and concerned mine is one. I've been checking on the internet, looking at you tube clips of fake box sets and real. I've posted on a music forum, (Look for Gbeer7 on this post http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=242106), I've checked my disc's, gone through my packaging and kept asking questions on this forum.

I'm now at the state where i can't get this out of my head. What if its a fake ? How can i be sure its not ? You know, all those sort of questions. I can't vent anymore to my wife as she will pack me in. I don't know how to move forward and accept the uncertainty. I even e-mailed amazon.co.uk who assured me all there products are new. Only to find a post on the amazon site saying someone bought direct (Not the marketplace)and got a fake one! As you can imagine this sent my anxiety higher. I'm so worried its a fake. By the looks of things i think it could be legit. But going round and round in my head.

Really need some help to somehow move on.

Thanks for listening to me ramble on !

Hi Badger

Are there not serial or catalogue numbers that you can check?

Surely there must be a way to check authenticity?

Jim

I'm not sure. As you can see from the music forum i posted on, its just by telling my artwork, type of disc's they been printed on.

Badger do something for me. Answer on here what is the result if it was to be a fake? What would happen?

Hi PassTheHelp, my prize poessesion would not be real. I would have wasted £180, and would need to buy it again. I hoped by buying it direct from amazon.co.uk it would be 100% certain its real. Amazon did tell me that they only buy brand new.

Now i'm feeling **** cos a couple of disc's have scratches on them. Just want them to be perfect and mark free.

Guest PassTheHelp

Thats fair the possession has real value to you in sentiment.

Let me put this another way if I said to you I will pay you 180 quid if for a week you are at my beck and call and do whatever I ask. Would you take that deal? I doubt it very much and if you would then I've got a job for ya ;) Anyway what i'm trying to help you see is that the down side of this VERY VERY unlikely being a fake is tiny in comparison to your well being, health & happyness.

Thats fair the possession has real value to you in sentiment.

Let me put this another way if I said to you I will pay you 180 quid if for a week you are at my beck and call and do whatever I ask. Would you take that deal? I doubt it very much and if you would then I've got a job for ya ;) Anyway what i'm trying to help you see is that the down side of this VERY VERY unlikely being a fake is tiny in comparison to your well being, health & happyness.

You make a very good point PassTheHelp. I just don't know how to stop the worry and the doubt. I've worried all week about this. Guess the chances of amazon given me a fake is slim. But still it could happen. What about the marks on the disc's ? How do i handle that.

Thank you Butterfly. I know your right, just trying to change my mindset which somehow means so much to me. I know what you mean, my hands have to be clean and i have to feel just "right". It has such a hold over me.