Ideas needed to fight fear of having a cooker

Hi guys.I moved out of family home 8 months ago .I love my new flat ,though its been difficult adjusting to life on my own.I have made big steps in overcoming a lot of my entrenched OCD traits and I want to continue so that some day I can be OCD free .Big fear of mine is not being able to control like gas and electrical items .I still like to control noise in flat to a minimum.I keep tv down low and switch everything off before midnight .Its not bad as I work mainly night shift ,so only at home 3 nights a week .My biggest challenge is cooking .The thought of a gas cooker being installed and me not being able to unplug it fills me with the upmost dread I feel sick even typing about it .Back home I used to drive family nuts unplugging everything including the cooker .When I visit family back at old place I still do it lol.Anyone any suggestions how to overcome the fear and be able to have a cooker :rolleyes:. Thanks for reading hugs Tink

Guest Hunnibee

Hi Tink

Congratulations on moving out. :)

I don't want to add fuel to you're OCD in any way so I hope this doesn't....

When I moved into my first house we had a gas cooker and I had never had gas before so I was a bit concerned about it, I was shopping for fire alarms and I found you can get similar monitors for gas. I don't suffer the same OCD as you but I bought one for peace of mind, back then they seemed a little expensive (more so than fire alarms) but that was about 8 years ago.

Hope it helps, and keep up the good work. :)