VENT VENT VENT

Guest twoshoes

Guest twoshoes

Went out for the first time arond town, haven't been before because we have never had a babysitter, the lil' one is at his nans so we though why not?

When to a pub last night and something horrid happened (which I can't go into for fear of someone else being on the board who was in the pub and then they wii know who I am, long shot I know but...) I didn't have a panic attack and I stayed in the pub and had a good time.

To day I went out in car I was driving last nigt and I haven't done any cleansing although I did have a shower last night :blushing:

I went out today and got crapped on by a bird :lol: :censored::censored: but I got back in the car got out a baby wipe and got on with it. No panic attack.

last week i was terrible but I seem to be back on an even keel again. OCD you are 'avin' it.

going to shower now I have waited long enough :grin:

Take care

Twoshoes

Guest Sammyhostie

Thats great honey, well done!

OCD you are 'avin' it.

I just love that! LOL :lol2:

Too right!!

Youre doing really really well! :blushing:

Keep strong,

Lots of love and strength

Sammie xx

Guest twoshoes

Just come back from the pub and I and a little bit the worst for wear, I have had 4 bottles of Becks. This is a big thing as I started to fear alcohol I hated the fact that it could lead to a loss of awareness and that i may touch something contaminated. But today I have had a drink and a good time. I will never be a heavy drinker I don't have the frame, time, money or babysitter and I couldnt risk drinking aroun my son but it has been such a relief to go out and do the same as my friends,

few beers many laughs, next time will be when I go to visit my friends in 2 weeks and after the last few days I am looking forward to it instead of storing up all the tension and anxiety.

now should I remove my make up or just go to bed?

WOO-HOO!

Twoshoes

Guest Sammyhostie

Thats such great news honey, honestly.

Youve made such massive progress, its fantatsic!

You are an inspiration to us, we can all beat this. :thumbup:

Stay as strong as you are and leave that mascara on!! :thumbup:

Guest twoshoes

Have just been out for a meal and I ate it, normally I just pick at it and worry. It was a nice place and a good meal I even had coffee :omg:

Thanks for all your support and kind words. i feel strange saying look at this I went out and didn't have a panic attack because the Mr and my friends see this as the norm, but for me it's a big thing.

It means such a great deal to me to have you guys there and they way you understand how such small things make a huge difference to my life.

Thanks again, Take care

Twoshoes

Guest twoshoes
So was it make-up on or off wink.gif

crawled into bed in full make up, woke up next morning looking a right state, went downstairs feeling ok talking to guests, back upstairs and caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror, ARGH! it was no wonder they didn't want any breakfast, who want to talk food with someone who looks like a dogs dinner, proper wash and it was good old kez again.

Still feel fab, still have OCD thoughts but the anxiety that comes is manageble and short lived, now all I have to do is psych myself up for the CBT and then we get on with lowering the obsessions and complusions.

had a few bad days last week on the run up to my period, I feel my hormone fluctuations really exsaserbate my OCD anyone else. the MR can tell I am pre-menstural when I am having 4 showers a day, washing my hands for ages and constantly seeking reassurance. I had a CPN once who said there was no link but he was a fella and the Drs I have seen have been very non-committal, all you ladies out there help me out...Are we imagining this?

Many Thanks, take care

Twoshoes

Guest Heryn
I had a CPN once who said there was no link but he was a fella and the Drs I have seen have been very non-committal, all you ladies out there help me out...Are we imagining this?

Well done, by the way.

Er, no; not as far as I'm concerned. I've had quite a bad day, have been feeling really numb and kind of blank. Think it's a definite contributor. :(:)

Guest Kitty
had a few bad days last week on the run up to my period, I feel my hormone fluctuations really exsaserbate my OCD anyone else. the MR can tell I am pre-menstural when I am having 4 showers a day, washing my hands for ages and constantly seeking reassurance. I had a CPN once who said there was no link but he was a fella and the Drs I have seen have been very non-committal, all you ladies out there help me out...Are we imagining this?

Yep, my Dr very non-committal too - and she's a laydee :) . I really honestly do believe that hormones make the OCD worse. Ok, so with me - up till recently I was taking this herbal supplement for hormones called Agnus Castus - I took it for 6 months, and while the OCD was still there in the background it didn't trouble me so much at PMT time etc. I reduced the dose in January and my next two lots of PMT and periods were horrendous, OCD was sky high and anxiety was unbelievably bad.

I really don't think we are imagining it - we just need to get those pesky darn GP's to take it more seriously...

PS - Well done Twoshoes - you're doing fab!