Coming off medication

Hi There :original:

Was coming off your medication something you discussed with your Dr? And, if so, was your medication reduced gradually?

Coming off medication suddenly can have the effect of intensifying your OCD and I cannot stress enough how important it is to do this under the supervision of your GP/Psychiatrist.

That said, even when you've withdrawn gradually, we can sometimes see the reappearance of OCD :thumbdown: Have you had CBT at any stage in your treatment?

Lawrie

x

Hi Lawrie

thank you very much for replying it is really appreciated. Yes I talked to my doctor about cutting down my medication and stoppping it. I did cut it down gradually. I just stopped it recently an dknow that this is the correct way forward but I do feel that my OCD could strike at anytime. I do need to find a long term way to cope. I have looked at a book on CBT and maybe this is for me. I also looked at the 4 step programme is there someway you can do this and moniter it.

Thanks

Hey. I had to cut my medication down through my pregnancy, and i found it really hard, and i think when you know your body isnt taking in as much of the drug, you almost feel more vunrebal, if that makes sense? If you still feel uneasy after a few more days, i'd make an appointment to see your gp again. Medication isnt a flaw, it just helps us get that balance. hope i'm making sense??!! Keep smiling!! Danielle :-)