Depressed and confused

Guest irritated

Guest irritated

I've just started a new job, but i'm really worried i'm going to loose it, because of my ocd with my clothes. I've been given alot of responsibility with this job and i don't want to mess it up. I can't get my head round my problem and it's driving me mad, having to wear the same clothes everyday because i can't bring myself to wear anything else. I've missed several weeks of college due to my ocd and i havn't got any help from any therpist.

I went shopping on friday for some new jeans and a t-shirt, spent the whole day doing that, thentried to wear them out friday night and i hate them!? I can't cope with these overwhelming feelings of discomfort , i'm so depressed and lonely idon't know what to do with myself. I just want it all to end and be able to enjoy my life without worrying about my :wallbash: clothes!!!!!!!!!!!! Please anyone, can you help me?? :censored::wallbash:

I have read many of your posts irritated but not replied cause I just don't have a clue what to suggest. :wallbash:

I wish so much that I had an answer for you.

So, I just wanted to say hang in there, I know it doesn't help but there are so many people who care how your doing and I just wanted you to know that.

Keeping fighting this thing. Hopefully someone will have some practical advice for you.

Deb

Guest Sammyhostie

Hi Irritated.

I too feel for you so much, It must be so painful and frustrating for you. Does your new job have a uniform you can wear?

I wish I could tell you what to do to make it stop, but im afraid I cant, and that makes me feel a bit useless!

All i can say like Deb is taht we all care about you, and want to help you just as much as you want to be helped.

Perhaps you could try a new therapist? xxxxxxx

Keep hanging there hun

Lots of love and strength

Sammie xx

Hi Irritated :wallbash:

Good Luck and well done on getting the new job and I'm sorry you're feeling so down.

Sadly you cannot get beyond this problem without some discomfort, I wish you could but it's not realistic to tell you any other. I was reading this this morning

You Can Resist Compulsions - You just feel you can't

I'm unsure about the legality of posting much more as I would hate to breach copyright, perhaps Ashie could advise. I'll PM you with some thoughts :wallbash:

Guest Creative Cat

Hi Irritated,

I agree with Caramoole that you may have to face some discomfort to get over this problem. I'm wondering if perhaps you could try wearing some different clothes, but do it in short amounts of time so that you can gradually build up your tolerance.

For example, maybe try wearing your new clothes for an hour and let yourself feel uncomfortable. After an hour, put your old clothes back on. Maybe try this once a day and then build up to 2 hours. I would suggest that while you do this to also do something that will help distract you like going out to the store or something so that you're not sitting home obsessing the whole time while you have your other clothes on.

When you're trying this, use the opportunity to throw your regular clothes in the laundry. I've read your posts about your laundry problem. I have had my own laundry problems which are different than yours, but I can relate to your pain. Another idea could be wearing your pajamas while you are doing your laundry. Pajamas are usually very comfortable and since you're at home, it seems like that would be okay to do. maybe you could throw your clothes in the washer before you go to bed and then throw them in the dryer when you get up so that you could be wearing your pajamas while doing your laundry. Or, just do your laundry late at night or in early morning before you need your clothes for the day.

this is just an idea. I don't know if this would be helpful to you or not.

Take care and hang in there!

Marie

Guest hayley73

Hi Irritated

The only thing I have found with my OCD issues, is I have to fight!!!!!!!!!! I know what you are going through is very distessing. But, believe me you can get past this. I agree with Marie. Start off by wearing something a set amount of time, say an hour. Then gradually build up from there. While wearing something 'uncomfortable' do something you enjoy doing.

You owe yourself. You need your life back. You have a right to enjoy your life as we only get one shot at it. You can do it. You will find that each time you 'fight' OCD you get stronger, and finally you will get a breakthrough!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep in touch to let us know how you are doing

Hayley