Put a face to the names

Guest Tulsas

Guest Tulsas

I was thinking...wouldn't it be great if we could all meet up one day..Raindog, Northernstar, two shoes, Madasafish, Caveman, Scared northeast...etc..etc..

speaking to councillers are fine but I wonder what it would be like to speak to other people with ocd.People who know what it is like first hand...I find when I am talking or writing about subjects I am really interested in the ocd takes a back seat..Talking to other people face to face with ocd I feel might benefit some of us...what do you think...

Guest Sammyhostie

Why dont you check out the forum on support groups in your area?

And always follow the "personal safety" rules that are in the forum boards as well.

The boards are safe for the reason that we are all to some extent anonymous, perhaps thats what means we can let our real feelings and fears show?

Hi, I don't know where you live Tulsas but members have met up at the conferences. The next conference is at Bristol (see pinned topic above) and there is a forum meet after that. Maybe you could get there.

There have also been other 'Meets' up and down, meals out, weekend away. I'm sure there'll be others, keep your eye open for them on the boards and hopefully if they're not too far away you could attend :wallbash: As `Sammy says, some members really enjoy them, others prefer their anononimity, I suppose it's a very personal thing.