Fed up&exhausted!

Guest irritated

Guest irritated

It's me again thanks for everyone who replied to my last post. This is the only place i can vent my anger and frustration about my pathetic existence of a life. I hate my life so much everyday is the same at the moment. I spend all day working even when i'm not@ work, i can't relax or enjoy life at all. My ocd stops me from doing so much, i've got no friends and no social life because of it. The one outlet i did have was my mountain bike, now i havn't even got that to do cuz i destroyed it last year in a rage of anger and frustration with my ocd.

I'm so depressed i wish i was dead, anything must be better than this miserable, sufferinf hell! I've got no help with my problems, i'm all alone and everyone is ****** off with me, cuz i'm so miserable.

Why can't anyone out there help me? I give up with life, everything is so ****, i just want to curl up and die! Don't think anyone would miss me if i dd! Nobody wants to talk to me about my problems anymore, cuz it upsets them too much, well excuse me for living! I'm on max dose of meds, i've got no therapy, i'm frightened i' ll lose my job and do something crazy and end up in prison, nothing seems to be right anymore!!!!!!!!!! :wallbash:

Guest Tulsas

I know how frustrating and sometimes frightning ocd can be but hang in there.Your friends on this site will see you in good stead.Sometimes we go through a terrible patch and think we are the only one suffering from ocd or that other people surely can't have it as bad as us and then we start to feel withdrawn and lonely adding to the ocd..your not alone my friend...you didn't state what type of ocd you have...

Guest hope125

Hi irritated,

I just wanted to let you know that so many of us have been where you are now, but please believe me when i say that you will get through this. I for one am so much better than I used to be!

I would advise you to go and talk about your problems with a therapist, they really do help. I am on medication and have CBT, I only need a session every once a while nowadays, i have improved that much!

I still do have horrible days but with the help of my therapist I have developed tools to cope, (and yes it is hard) but you will get to there. You need help in dealing with this. I could recommend various tools, which mostly revolve around training your mind to "switch thoughts", keep occupied no matter how bad you feel, but the best thing to do is go and have a chat with someone who can devise an individual programme of therapy for you.

You will beat this! I hope that by reading this you will realise that you will get better, you just need some help so please go and talk about it. Nothing you can say to a therapist would be a shock to them, they have heard it all thousands and thousands of times before - it's what they are there for!

Good luck and Take Care

Hope125

xxxx

Guest flower

hello irritated, *gives you a big hug*i know how you are feeling right now. i feel isolated and alone. but im hoping it will get better. hang in there and rember you have support here and you can talk to me if you want to let some anger out. :). is there any support groups near you, were you can go and talk?

Hi irritated,

I just wanted to let you know that so many of us have been where you are now, but please believe me when i say that you will get through this.  I for one am so much better than I used to be!

I would advise you to go and talk about your problems with a therapist, they really do help.  I am on medication and have CBT,  I only need a session every once a while nowadays, i have improved that much! 

I still do have horrible days but with the help of my therapist I have developed tools to cope, (and yes it is hard) but you will get to there. You need help in dealing with this.  I could recommend various tools, which mostly revolve around training your mind to "switch thoughts", keep occupied no matter how bad you feel, but the best thing to do is go and have a chat with someone who can devise an individual programme of therapy for you.

You will beat this!  I hope that by reading this you will realise that you will get better, you just need some help so please go and talk about it.  Nothing you can say to a therapist would be a shock to them, they have heard it all thousands and thousands of times before - it's what they are there for!

Good luck and Take Care

Hope125

xxxx

37374[/snapback]

Hi irritated,

Sorry to hear that you are having such a rough time at the moment. The added depression makes it seem that your life is really bad, but in fact, things really can get better.

Which meds are you on? Have you been on them for a while? If so and they're not really helping, it might be worth going back to your GP (or whoever) and see about tryng some more. It's often trial and error with meds - what suits some doesn't suit others.

I would think you would benefit from talking to someone, so see if you can be referred to a therapist. I found my therapist really helpful and the combination of that and the meds made a huge difference to my life when I was in a pretty bad way.

i'm all alone and everyone is ****** off with me, cuz i'm so miserable.

I know it's not the same as 'real' people but there will always be someone to listen and support and we do understand how frustrated and unhappy OCD and depression can make you.

Take care and I hope you'll soon be feeling a bit better.

whitebeam