Driving me potty

Guest sam

Last wednesday our hot water tank packed up my mum said we could all go to her house and use the bath or shower when ever we needed to and my dad was coming to mend the tank on friday. Doing ok managing to wash by taking the washing up bowl in the bath then boiling kettles for hot water not the best but did the job. Friday came my dad came around and looked at the tank the heater bit that goes inside had been leaded on so it woulden't come off, Its an old tank probebly 50 years give or take a few but my dad couldn't fix it. We are now nearly a week later and still no hot water.We have not got much money so I'm scared that when ever someone can do it it will cost a fortune and my OCD is kicking off big time and trying to keep it down while waiting for the kettles to boil all day is doing my head in :censored: :censored: :crybaby: I'm in despear :help:.

Guest tangoblu

Hi Sam

What a nightmare - boilers are a real nuisance - a friend of ours has been in a similar situation recently.... it's not easy!

It certainly doesn't help knowing that the cost of a replacement one is hanging over you :censored:

Try not to let the OCD creep in - (easier said than done I know when things are stressful)

Hang on in there - hope things improve and you get it all sorted out soon.

Hugs

Pam

Thanks Pam

It's really getting me down and I'm finding myself snapping at the kids a bit too which I'm trying not to but they always play up when I'm stressed too and I tend to take it personely. I can't even let them play in the garden at the mo as we are doing that up so they are board and just winding each other up I think I got the shout straw as Alans back at work today :censored:

thanks

sam xxx

Hi Sam,

Our water tank sprang a leak a few weeks ago and we had to turn off the water....we managed to get it fixed after a couple of days - but it was pretty hairy between times :censored: .

Are you able to take up your Mum's offer of bathing/showering there - it would be one way round it, even if not ideal.

Hang in there - and with the kids......school hols and wet days not the best combination.

Take care

whitebeam