picked really badly today

Guest flower

Guest flower

this morning i picked really badly, i couldnt help it. i piull most of the skin of my top lip and it really hurt but i still wanted to do more, i couldnt control my self , i had the urge to do it. but i didnt. i had to put savolon on my lip and it really stung :censored:. i felt really self consious going out this moring but i had to. it was really bad and i know im going to do it again. even if i get a scab on there i will pull it of :help: . i want to stop!! but i have a very strong urge to do it

Hiya flower :censored:

I'm sorry hun...I know how bad the urge can be and how bad you can feel afterwards :). Have you got a list of alternatives that you can do when you get the urge to pick? I pick my lips too sometimes and I have to consciously do something else in order to avoid doing it - for me it's not enough to just say I'm not going to do it.

Stuff that I do to try to avoid picking etc are:

- schoolwork (boring but it does actually help...although I'm not sure chemistry is EVER good for me! :lol2: only joking)

- watching a good film/TV programme etc whilst doing something active with my hands e.g. eating grapes, popcorn, sewing etc

- something else active with your hands - you could come on here or do some sewing or knitting or anything really that keeps your hands and mind occupied while the urge to pick passes.

- some people also find having a small rubber ball to squeeze helps

- I like using a punchbag

- stroking a pet (in my case my cat :censored: )

Hope this helps some :crybaby: Feel free to post anytime :thumbup:

Guest flower

thankyou, ill have ago at some of them

Hi Flower :thumbup:

Just to add to what Star has said, the urges can take over some days and we may end up picking :( . It is only a minor blip though :confused1: , don't beat yourself up about it.

Tomorrow is a new day and a fresh start :)  :) . Trying to actively do something like keeping your hands and mind busy when you get an urge can help.

It can be anything from reading a book, peeling an orange, typing, drawing anything just to keep yourself busy and to keep your mind off the urges. Just take this nice and slowly, one step at a time. :)

Dont pressure yourself or try to rush this, take one small step at a time :) . We will support you through this :)

Post anytime :)

Take care.

Love Kirstiexx :)

37516[/snapback]