y does this happen?

Guest buttercups

Guest buttercups

hi guys,

I've just started this voluntry work working ( my freind got me to to do it with her)with this Autistic guy alongside another volunteer in Arts and drama workshops, but when i got home today i had this fear that what if he accused me of sexually abusing him in some way. it sounds crazy but its how i feel. I dont have thoughts of wanting too, but i have fears of going to prison for being accused of something like that. i'm quite paranoid about my mediacle records too. because it says stuff like 'Obsessional Neurosis' and 'Panick Disorder'. i think they'll take one look at it and think i did whatever they would acuse me of! I also have this same fear connected to if i had a baby. if it dies of cot death i would be accused of it dying. Sorry i have talked about this on the board before.. i'm trying to deal with it on my own as i dont want to make my medical records worse! i know i sound crazy!

:confused1:

Guest hayley73

Hi Buttercups

Congratulations! first of all for doing Voluntary work. Its something I have been meaning to for ages. Just can't seem to get around to it though!!!!!!

Everything is fine. You will not be accused of anything. It just those damn OCD thoughts trying to mess your head up. Don't let it!!!!!

I have personally found with any OCD thoughts that I have had, that OCD tends to focus on something that really frightens you and causes anxiety.

Please don't worry about your medical records. We all have stuff in them that we do not want others to read!!!!! You sound like a loving and caring person and that is what others see.

Please be brave you can fight this. If you had a child I am absolutely positive that you would be a brilliant Mum.

Keep your chin up!!!!

Hayley

Guest buttercups

Hi Buttercups

Thanx HAyley,

I'll try. sometimes its so hard to think rationally. even if i want too! i hate it when it takes over. hope thingsa are cool with you.

Thanx

x

Hi Buttercup :D

I could write a book on this one :thumbup:

I once went through a stage where every murder I heard on the news I thought someone would think it was me :thumbup: I couldn't bear to listen. The daft thing was, I knew I'd nothing to do with it, I just worried in case someone thought I did. I hated being around a policeman in case I said something stupid. That's exactly how stupid OCD is.

Fortunately, I knew it was stupid and started listening to the news, regardless of content, instead of avoiding it and sure as eggs is eggs, ceased to worry.

OCD is completely irrational, utterly and completely. The content of your fears is largely irrelevant, it could be anything, it depends what's passing by that particular day :D

This was many years ago and something that doesn't bother me at all now.

Try not to get hung up on the content of your thoughts, whatever flavour they choose on any given day doesn't matter. OCD is OCD, whatever the fear. OCD is horrid but has no basis of reality, no matter what it churns up.