deep down

Guest robert1

Guest robert1

well how do i start ,i suppose deep down and at my core i do not believe i have ocd and that i am really a pervert,i have thoughts and urges to abuse my daughter and also that i find women ugly,i must stress that i have never done anything wrong to my daughter or anyones ,that is my only saving grace ,i have been to a therapist and he has told me that it is ocd but i cannot believe him and i think that he is not really up to date with ocd(he probably is but i just doubt him)what is making me feel this way 1.i seem to think that women are not attractive anymore ,i see a beautiful woman and i think i do not like her shape or her breast or anything about her ,where as i used (i even think that i was just hiding my true self when i was young and that i really didn't like women when i was young).2.when i am near my daughter i have these urges and thoughts and have to get away from her ,when these first started i was really upset but for the last while they cause no anxiety so i think that i am only getting away for fear that i will do something.3.when i read in the papers about evil deeds done by people i seem not to have a response emotional or morally and so i think about this get no anxiety because of it and then worry that i have not got any anixety.4.when i read about anxiety i read about the really catastrophic condition they get into and i seem not to go through this anymore ,and that all i have are a few worries and not real anxiety.i read in a eariler post by someone sorry i cannot remember who that they sometimes think they feel happy when they hear about someone dying ,that is the way i think sometimes i feel can ye be positive that all this is ocd ,any replys would be welcome.

Guest hayley73

Hi Robert

Please let me try to reasure you that you are suffering from OCD. OCD is called the 'Doubting Disease' cause that is exactly what it does, it causes people to doubt. It makes your head go round and round in circles. It makes you feel abnormal.

You sound quite distressed. What help are you getting at present? Are you on medication? Do you see anyone about your OCD?

Unfortuantley there is no quick fix for OCD. But one thing you must do, is fight, fight and keep on fighting the damn thing.

Have you read 'Brian Lock' ? Its an excellent book. It gave me a lot of confidence in fighting my OCD, which at times as been very distressing. I too am a parent, so I know how hard it can be dealing with this illness at the same time as trying to be a good parent to your children. YOU CAN GET THROUGH THIS!!!!!!!!

Please feel reassured that you're not alone.

Hayley