How did or does OCD make you feel?

One of our trustee's, Claire is running the London Marathon this Sunday, and earlier today she sent this message to the charity team. I thought I would hijack her email and invite you all to help Claire, by sharing a few lines about how OCD makes you feel and to help motivate Claire to complete the marathon behalf of all of us.

Morning all!

I hope you're all well.

I wondered if I could ask a massive favour from you. Obviously it is the Marathon on Sunday and while I am incredibly excited, of course I am nervous. Although a keen and experienced runner, I have never run something like this before - not on this scale nor length. As I'm sure you know, it's as much about mental fitness as it is physical and this is something I thought you might be able to help me with.

If you could spare the time, I would be really grateful if you could send me, literally no more than one or two lines on how OCD has affected your life and why you need me to do this. I need to have something to read, to memorise, to focus on during the race to remind me why I am putting my body through the pain!

Obviously I am an OCD sufferer but running for other people, knowing they need you, is the biggest encouragment I could have....

I hope this makes sense?!

Thank you!

Lots of love

Claire xx

Some of you may have met Claire at our conference, she was the young lady with the video camera, whom I called up onto stage to give her a running vest and told her she will need it come April. I can still picture her face being shocked at getting a place :lol: If you want to sponsor our Claire, her fundraising page is here http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/ClaireGellard but if you can't sponsor her, and want to help her another way, you could come down to London on Sunday and join myself and Butterfly to cheer her on.

Guest nettles585

OCD made me feel so lost I wasnt me it was a living nightmare, the worst experience of my live but it has made me so strong! Good luck with the run much love xxx

Gut wrenchingly anxious throughout almost all my waking hours; unable to think of anything but the issues I feared - in the main, contamination issues.

Raising money for OCD-UK will enable the charity to help and support more people. Well done to you for running to help the charity help so many.

Guest xxBistoJoexx

OCD makes me feel unsure, insecure and completly bonkers... But dealing with it via OCD-UK and the members/moderators advice means my daughter can have a proper Mummy

Guest sweetie

OCD has made me doubt myself to the very core of my being, so that I don't know who or what I am.

(major identity crisis)

But OCD UK has helped me recognise that little devil sitting on my shoulder and to ignore his taunts. I'm me now more than I was before and liking myself much more.

Guest pip_murray

OCD distresses, lies and deceives. I am a good person and I am NOT my thoughts. This is a wonderful website which has helped me a lot.

OCD makes me feel like i am dumb when i know i am not, makes me think this is true as i struggle to see the truth straight away. Has also robbed me of focus/concentration and makes things take alot longer to learn

Guest drumsticks

Ocd has made me feel probably all the emotions you could think of, it has no rules or boundaries. My mind constantly filled with thoughts, battling everyday to gain control but what you realise is that you need to learn to live with it and live your life.

I think its very brave what your doing, good luck! x