one of my intrusive thought delusions

Guest Muse_Man

Guest Muse_Man

Hi everyone,

Just I want to get this one off my chest!!

I have this horrible thought intrusion (just one of many) almost constantly since middle teens that people can read my personal thoughts, and on top of that in physic way I will turn into whatever other people think about me (bit like the voodoo doll principle).

So I attribute something happening to me (bad or good) in a particular way to other people unintentionally thinking about whatever this is. MAKE SENSE???? It drives me nuts becuase it is an automatic thought and almost like a thought intrusion, its very distressing to feel that you do not in control of your life or other people may know what your personal thoughts are.

Recently I have gained control of these thoughts and been able to convince myself that this idea is absolutely not real that people have pyschic powers!! Though it is very hard to do this in some circumstances, due to coincidences and the way the situation looks it is very easy to ignore reality and believe the supernatural beliefs.

I recognise this way of thinking is definitely a means of making excuses and denial of events in my life.

Thanks for listening, :thumbup:

Stuart

Guest Smudger

Well done Stuart. :)

Recognising the thoughts as ocd doesn't make them go away with a click of your fingers, but once you see them for what they are you can learn to deal with them.

Well played. :)

Guest Steviemfc

Hi Stuart,

Once you have mastered the art of realising the thoughts as nonsense, you are well on the way to overcoming OCD.

Well done.

Stevie