OCD AND EASTER BREAK

Guest roufie

Guest roufie

Hi...sorry i tend to use this board to let off, well i am on Easter break and the OCD has gone into overdrive. Thought i would be adventurous and take my niece to see the Lion King brought the tickets months ago...had to be planned throughly. hate trips into London.

Took a non ocd person along as well..well all went well for a while made it to a funky restaurant for lunch and even walked the distanace from it to the theatre (dislike pavements or rather what one finds on them) a great production she really enjoyed it was starstruck..however on the way back i was in a black cab and dispite trying not to look out of the window i did :)

Thats when i saw it dog mess on a large crossing island and someone had rode through it Bicycle???..now my thought pattern goes a bit like this....the cyclist drove onto the road which the taxi has now gone over so its tyre s are contaminated and thus when i got out the cab i was near the tyres and now i am contaminated as is everyone else i went with on that day. I have had a few showers since getting back can't face cleaning my clothes yet!!! just feel like :) :crybaby: :crybaby: still so many other things to clean..exhausted

Sometimes i do wonder what the **** i am doing here!!!

Guest Smudger

Sorry to hear that roufie.

All I can say is that you have nothing to worry about-not very helpful I know, and for that I'm sorry, but it's true-this is just your ocd attacking you in the way it knows will best get a reaction.

Take care.

Hi roufie,

My thoughts used to go exactly like that - if I saw anything on a pavement it was enough to send me into a great panic and often I ended up throwing my shoes away :) .

Now - as my OCD has lessened, I don't get the thoughts spiralling out of control any more - I am still aware of 'things' on pavements and keep a wide berth, but it doesn't scare me in the same way.

I don't know why this has improved - except that virtually all my OCD fears have diminished - not gone but a lot less intrusive.

Apart from that, how's the holiday? I hope you're having a good break and rest - you deserve it. I still think you're doing amazingly well to keep up your teaching with your OCD - and did you get a promotion recently???? Good for you :lol2:

Take care

whitebeam