Meds dillema?

Guest scotty

Guest scotty

Hi everyone

I seen the phsyciatrist this morning as things have been tough latley pure o has been driving me nuts bad anxiety and not eating much low mood ect....

Hes said to take a small amount of clonazepam to get me on a level again i took this for a while last year and it was hard coming off it so it scares me but i know i need somthing at the mo cause im not coping well. Has anyone else tried it did it help with anxiety, thoughts ect? Im also trying relaxtion techniques and other things ive learnt but the thoughts are in control of me at the moment I dont know whats my thoughts and whats ocd feeling anxious and depressed :)

Hope this makes sense thanks Scotty

Hes said to take a small amount of clonazepam to get me on a level again

37744[/snapback]

Hi Scotty,

I currently take a large dose of clomipramine and a small dose of clonazepam daily. It has made a real difference to me - my thoughts are less intrusive and the anxiety is nowhere near as severe as it was - I don't have to do half the stuff that used to take so long to do.

I don't know that taking clonazepam regularly and long term is accepted as a good way to treat OCD....but it has certainly worked for me - I've been on it for nearly two years and have since been discharged from my psychologist amd psychiatrist - so I no longer see anyone who monitors my condition. Having said that, I have been put on an emergency referral list, so if I have problems or concerns I don't have to go back to the GP to start the procedure of referral etc.

I have been told that if I don't take the clonazepam, after a short while 'I will know it' - I guess this is because of the withdrawal problems.

At the moment I am happy to stay with the combination - I have got my life back so I don't see taking the meds as a problem.

Hope you find them the help I have.

whitebeam

Guest scotty

Thanks for the reply wb much appreciated.

Ive read quite abit that clonazepam is used for people with severe ocd/anxiety which mine is i ended up in hospital a year and a half ago partly due to it.

I worked so hard getting of clonazepam and it feels like im giving in but my phsyciatrist told me that i have an illness so why am i making things harder for myself by not taking it.

It was encouraging reading your reply knowing it has helped make your ocd more managable and getting your life back i guess im going to have to give it a go again for the time being.

Thanks Scotty