OCD, depression, anxiety

Guest sam

Hi all

I'm sorry me again to have a moan :)

I feel alone, uncared for, very depressed almost to the top of what I can cope with, I do every thing around the house, I think some people think I enjoy cleaning but the whole point of this illness or what ever it is in my head that is telling me "unclean,unclean" but I don't enjoy it at all. I feel like getting a drill and doing a botch job on myself by reliving the pressure. I'm sorry this is very blunt but I have noone else who I can really talk to.I hope I haven't offended any one or brought any one else down with me, there is so much more that Icould say but Alan may read this and there is somthings best not said so I will bottle them up once again and put my "brave face mask" on and petend I'm ok whilst I melt on the inside I find it easyer that way. Do you do that?

thanks all for have a none judgemental ear

all my love

samxxx :)

Hi Sam :)

There are days like that, aren't there? When you think how do I keep on putting up with this :wallbash:

The only real way is to devise a plan to reduce what you do, even if it's only a tiny bit. Even that will give you back a bit of power.

Is there one task that you find less stressful than others? I don't know what it might be...but suppose you weren't 'as' bothered about wiping the washing machine door (just an example) could you start by deciding 'every third day I'm going to leave it' If that's too much decide 'Every third day I'm going to let Alan wipe it instead' only you can decide what you can deal with.

Can you find yourself a challenge that you could maybe work with and share it with us, we'll all be here to support and encourage. We used to have a Challenge Club where members set their own challenge and kept everyone up to date with their progress.

Hope the day gets better for you :)

Hi,

As ever Caramoole's ideas are great and worth putting into practice. And of course you do have the board tgo come and share your experiences.

I cant help sensing an element of loneliness in your post....that for the board apart you are dealing with this all on your own. Whilst this is in itself an achievement it is not the b-all and end-all, and as your post has shown some days it gets a bit too much for you. Have you looked into the possibility of there being support groups near you where you can talk to fellow sufferers and share some experiences? there is not a person on this board who has not felt lonely at some point with their ocd. The board might help to eliminate such feelings (as it has done for me), but you can never have too many ways to cope with this condition.

Just my ideas on this....

See ya

Adam