For the ladies....

Guest Lisa

hey!

i just wondered if going on the pill has any effect on ocd, as in making it worse? i started on the pill just over a month ago and my ocd is pretty bad at the moment but then i dont remember when it started being worse (helpfully enough) so it may have nothing to do with it. i just wondered cos it alters your hormones and stuff and hormones are supposed to be linked to ocd so i just wondered if anybody knew of it having any effects? anyone with any experience pls share!

lisa x

Guest Kitty

Hey Lisa :)

Well, I'm not sure about this one totally - though I'd be interested to hear what other ladies on here think - as I'm kind of wondering whether or not to try the pill myself to see if it sorts out my crazy mucked up hormones :lol: (have resisted it so far).

The only thing I can offer is that a really good female friend of mine recently started taking it - (think she was on Cilest or Yasmin) and she said about two months after she started waking up in the night having panic attacks and feeling jittery and nervy all day. She went to the Dr's, came off it and as soon as she stopped so did the panic attacks...coincidence or not? I dunno...

Would be interested to see what other people on here think, though?

Love from K

xx

Guest Creative Cat

Hi,

I would also be very interested to hear what others have to say. I'm on Ortho Tri Cyclen and have been for about 1.5 years. I have to say that my ocd has truly been bad and I've often wondered if that could be contributing to it. It was bad before I took the medication, but it feels worse now somehow.

I also know that when I have PMS -- before and during my period -- that my ocd is horrible! Its the worst time that i have with it.

Marie

Guest Automated Alice

Hi Lisa

its funny you should mention that . i was thinking the other day about when i was on the pill how my checking was pretty bad, and was wondering if it had anything to do with it. They say you should avoid the pill if you suffer from depression, so i dont think my doctor should have prescribed it really. But its a matter of trying them till you find one that suits i suppose. I think you can get progestrogen only pills , which may be easier on the old ocd demon

Alicex :lol:

thanks for the replies and links! i'm on cilest if anyone knows if that is particularly strong or not! i will maybe have a word with my doctor about this, i didnt realise that the pill was not spose to be given to people who have depression, i know i don't have depression, but y'know same seratonin issue.

anyways the pill does have its good points like much less period pain (yay!) and not being paranoid that i mite b pregnant (in a typical ocd fashion) so im gessing i will have to put up with the downsides to it... grr. us women have it so hard!!

lisa x