Small world

Guest Tommo

Guest Tommo

Just thought i'd share this.

As some may know here I suffer from Pure O with mainly distressing sexual thoughts.

Anyway, i'm soon to go back to work in an office of around 20 people, and i've recently been speaking with someone at work and they have the exact same intrusive thoughts as me, completely identical. I sit next to him at work, how bizarre is that!. I do work in insurance though so maybe the tedious nature of the job has allowed our minds to be filled with bad thoughts :lol:

Guest Muse_Man

Wow, that is a big coincidence. Im sure that will really help having someone to talk to about OCD and especially at work and person sitting next to you, thats great. :lol: Must of been odd feeling when you first found out, was it hard to get onto the subject of OCD or did it all just come out in conversation?

Hope it helps!

Stuart

Guest summerleft

Thats cool, works one of the worst places for me for my mind to wander, hopefully youll be able to help each other out.

Guest Tommo

He knew I was off with OCD but didn't know what kind. Then over the last few weeks he said he thought he had it, and we met for a drink the other day and he told me that he was having really distrssing sexual thoughts and was also heavily checking things and doing routines. It is nice to know there's someone at work who know's what it's like, although obvioulsy not nice that he has it as well. He's seeing a consultant in a few weeks so hopefully he'll start some treatment.