Do you ever find that OCD gets you into trouble?

Do you ever find or should I say does OCD ever get you into trouble?.I don't know if it's fair to say but for me I've procrastinated alot over decisions for e.g and it's got me into trouble.At times theres things I know but I won't reveal them because of my OCD and it tends to get me into trouble.

At work I used to take days off and count the days off in my head and wanted to get them at an equal number with the year and month and all sorts of days.Before I know it.It was all confusing but OCD related and seemed to get me into trouble.I was unwell I know it now really,but at the time it didn't seem like that I just felt I had something wrong with me.I can list many more examples but in a way I'm quite embarrassed as well,I shouldn't be but I feel a sense of shame.

There has been times where with a girl I've sort of been interested but have mulled over the decision and it's come back to bite me in the behind.I just wanted to know if anything like this or anything else has happened to anyone else?

Edited by ACE
Guest Kelg

The bus incident happened because I stopped leaving the house for daily walks-and then resumed it after maybe 2-3 months of staying at home (over a 2 year period I stopped going anywhere between december and february)

but was afraid of who I might see--I went out at night so i could avoid seeing their faces clearly.

I headed out and someone was pulling out of their driveway and blocking the sidewalk--i was in fear of seeing their faces so I stepped onto the curb and just as I did a bus came speeding right past me. Now, I think i was out of the way of it-but a couple of inches over and maybe a half a second slower and I would have been hit.

The shoplifting thing really traumatized me as it happened in january. After that i stopped going out for two months and have had difficulty resuming it.

I went out today but it was difficult and depressing.

I also had awkward moments because of OCD-like I was worried my wallet was contaminated so I doused it in water

and when I had to pay something a guy freaked out because the money was moist.

There's probably other incidents I have forgotten.

Oh yes here's another--last summer--I went for a walk and there were kids in a driveway. I passed by but my mind did this image checking thing and I was forced to pause, look at the kids again before I could walk on. But my mind kept sticking the wrong images in my head--then the kids' father noticed me and was walking up the driveway to the hedge-wondering what i was up to.

I'm really sorry Kelg that must of been really traumatic for you,I know on occasions my OCD has been that rotten once I was stareing and this young guy was exchanging money with this older guy and he said to me"are you alright there?"I responded "Yes I am why?".I don't know if that was OCD I put it down to harmless looking around or just my fault for looking.the one that troubles me the most is my work one I think the number of days off I took and counting them,I thought how weird is that to myself unfortunately at the time I couldn't stop myself.

I have many other incidents like liking a girl so much and spoiling her with non stop gifts I think that was OCD but I don't put it down to it.I keep thinking how much the OCD has gotten me into trouble down the years and how stupid I've looked.

Guest Kelg

I also think people in general sense something is up with me. Maybe I wear my emotions on my face-even little kids-like 1 year old babies--one time I passed this kid and Is wear she turned around to stare at me-and another time a 7 year old had this: what's the matter with him? look on her face and I wasnt even upset at the time.

Unless i look like someone they know.

Guest consumeddd

Yes, I have a constant fear of people leaving me, so I have left a lot of relationships because of it. I also ditch a lot of my friends cause sometimes I'm too nervous to go anywhere.

That must be real tough for you,I feel like that about people too but I tend not to leave them instead bombard them with constant messages even though I don't mean too.

Guest Kiki_28

I have burned my foot vary badly recently with boiling water,I also had a needle stick injury,because I am not concentrated enough on what I am doing.It is the stupid OCD thoughts comming to my head.Defenatly gets you into trouble.

Guest Annabel

I bleached my trousers once because I stood in puke! and I have avoided meeting up with friends through social fears combined with magical thinking OCD sometimes. I always hand university work in late as well

Edited by Annabel
Guest summerleft

OCD has got me into trouble and harmed other things in my life because of compulsions, mostly missing work or being late or distant and not doing so well. Ive also thrown things away and damaged things on purpose because of it.

OCD gets me into trouble regularly as I can't leave the house in the mornings until I'm satisfied that I am clean or feel clean and when I have slept in for taking the younger two kids to school i'm even later as I won't leave until I have that feeling. My partner wishes that I could just leave the rituals and get dressed go out and come back then have a bath or something but I can't do it not yet anyway.

It's the same if we are going anywhere as I won't leave the house until I'm washed be it a body wash and if I sleep in on the weekends I'm okay up until the point I have to get ready to go out and once I've had that time in the bathroom to get ready my partner says I come downstairs a different person like more moody.