desperately need help, alone and scared

Guest jenn_lateralus

Guest jenn_lateralus

i don't even know what to say at this point, i was doing pretty good and i was strong and confident, i decided to ween off of my medication after being on it for 2 or 3 years, i guess it didn't work out well!? i'm back on my regular dosage but it seems that for 3 weeks or more i can't get out of this depression, and i'm starting to feel like there's no way out. i have harm based ocd, and no matter what i do, my ocd makes me think i want my thoughts, and the intrusive images are horrible and they don't go away. I try to ignore it but it's not working, i am the lowest i've ever been and im scared because i feel like there's no escape and i'm tired, i'm alone and with no one here i start to feel suicidal, im sorry if that isn't something i should say but i need to talk to someone who has ocd, not a help line or doctor, i was just at the hospital last week and they did nothing basically, please help

Guest hope*

i don't even know what to say at this point, i was doing pretty good and i was strong and confident, i decided to ween off of my medication after being on it for 2 or 3 years, i guess it didn't work out well!? i'm back on my regular dosage but it seems that for 3 weeks or more i can't get out of this depression, and i'm starting to feel like there's no way out. i have harm based ocd, and no matter what i do, my ocd makes me think i want my thoughts, and the intrusive images are horrible and they don't go away. I try to ignore it but it's not working, i am the lowest i've ever been and im scared because i feel like there's no escape and i'm tired, i'm alone and with no one here i start to feel suicidal, im sorry if that isn't something i should say but i need to talk to someone who has ocd, not a help line or doctor, i was just at the hospital last week and they did nothing basically, please help

Hi Jenn

Its really hard OCD is at times, but it will get better for you. Just try to believe that you will get back to where you were at when you were coping much better with it. You are not supposed to ignore the thought or block it out. You let it be there and say to yourself So What, this is OCD, then not engage in it or reassure yourself as that keeps the whole cycle going. Go out for a nice meal with someone you like tonight if you can, and make a list of all the ways you can help your OCD and how you can beat it beforehand. Look at that in the morning and try to keep busy. If all this is too hard, today, just know that this phase will pass and try to concentrate on a tv programme. I felt like you do two weeks ago and I feel great now. It is still there in the background but I am trying to just let the thoughts be there and not to get too stressed at them coming in and out. The more you don't want to think a thought, the more it will come in.

A brain transplant would be lovely at times wouldn't it or even a permanent brain transplant one!!

The meds will take awhile and sometimes when you are in a depression, it just takes a few weeks to get back to normal.

Keep your mind busy and think of ways you can beat this horrible disease.

Good luck and take care

I Have been there, suicidal and all, and this will pass.

:hug:

Guest summerleft

Hi Jenn,

I've never taken meds only ever st johns wort, but I did find when I stopped them last year ( I felt strong enough) that OCD got alot worse, so went back on them again, to me it seems OCD will take a long time to get sorted to the point where I can ignore it completely so Im thinking its better to be doing well with the help than struggling without.

How long have you been back on the meds? are they the same ones as before if not maybe they arent suiting you?

I always point people to Fred Penzels articles, I dont know if this will help you but I find on my lowest days reading these gives me a sense of renewal and ability to fight my OCD and feel brighter

http://westsuffolkpsych.homestead.com/articles.html

hope it helps a little

Guest hope*

Hi Jenn,

I've never taken meds only ever st johns wort, but I did find when I stopped them last year ( I felt strong enough) that OCD got alot worse, so went back on them again, to me it seems OCD will take a long time to get sorted to the point where I can ignore it completely so Im thinking its better to be doing well with the help than struggling without.

How long have you been back on the meds? are they the same ones as before if not maybe they arent suiting you?

I always point people to Fred Penzels articles, I dont know if this will help you but I find on my lowest days reading these gives me a sense of renewal and ability to fight my OCD and feel brighter

http://westsuffolkpsych.homestead.com/articles.html

hope it helps a little

Thats a great site, thanks for recommending that, Hope

Guest What is Ocd

hi jenn

first step to defeat ocd is to be social person.

you can start with your family, as I did. go out with them. go to the cinema, popular places or some squere etc. so you will meet a lot of girls and guys. lots of lot. and one of them will be right person for you. you can share a lot of things with him/her. if you stay alone so ocd became more powerful than you. but if you have a friend (this also can be one of your family members) you can defeat ocd so easily :)