Up THE DOSE

Guest cerenbrackston

Guest cerenbrackston

Hi Everybody

The night before i was woke up at 03:45 and started to sick too much and a little vomit as well and me and hubby got worried alot cause we couldnt sleep at all and we went to see psychiatrist yesterday and i told her about that the depression still there and sickness and feeling like this body is not mine and terible ocd thoughts for everthing and she said u will get get better and we need to increase the dose 150mg efexor xl i am on now and she gave me a sick tablet as well which is makes you a bit better and try to eat something else as well..

Everymorning i am crying like a baby and my hubby has to go to work and he started today and i stayed with mother in law and i dont want to stay alone feeling loneliness is weird and i want to get better really..and trying to breath in and breath out ..hope that will keep me calm and when i bit better i need to go out by myself again..insecure i feel as well..

I want to see sunshine soon..

Guest rpeders3

Hang in there, Ceren, you will get better. Sadly, it takes time to see noticeable improvement. Someone once said, 'Depression is like a room in hell.' Rest assured that you are getting help and that the sun will shine again - I've taken a lot of comfort in the fact that the darkest part of the night is just before daybreak.

Hi Ceren, you sound to be having it really tough, don't you :)

How long have you been taking the medication for, so far?

I'm glad you've been able to spend some time with your Mother-In-Law, it can add so much stress when you're on your own. See if you can do somethings together, to help...like tackling some gardening or something, I know it's hard when you're feeling so low. You do need to eat as well, try anything, soup, toast, Complan...anything you can get down. There's usually some time in the day that's a bit easier for eating, with me it was late evening.

As for the medication, you'll have to take it one day at a time. I wouldn't choose to influence anyone, only you can decide if it's helping or not, this is Prof Pauls reply to such a question, I've highlighted points worth thinking about.

Subject: Antidepressents

Is it possible that patients might respond to lower doses of antidepressents than higher ones? It seems a lot of psychiatrists find something that works partially and feel that the ever increasing dose is the answer.

Paul's Reply: Not really my area of expertise (I'm a clinical psychologist and therefore don't prescribe medication). However, I do follow the research, and am often called upon to advise about this type of thing. Bottom line: if medication is prescribed it should be in the effective range, and it is sensible if there is good evidence of a response to raise it to higher levels. However, evidence of a response should be systematically gathered; seeing someone for five minutes once every month is not, in my view, a good way of making such judgements. The sufferer can, of course, keep careful track themselves, for example by using diary records (length of wash/check, distress) on a daily basis, or using questionnaires of the type used in clinics, then presenting the clinician with the results. Take control yourself, have an opinion, and share it with the person who is supposed to be working with you. If they don't like it, bin them!

Wishing you better days

:thumbup::hug:

Hi Ceren,

So sorry to see that you are not having such a good of it at the minute.

Nevertheless i think you have been given a lot of a good advice here. I think we have talked in the past that the fact that you do want to get better should be treated as a positive in itself. If it means an increase in your medication then so be it, especially if the end result is that you do get better.

Try and keep that in mind. That YOU do want to get better. It is so easy to think negatively and it can seem so hard to think positively. But if you remember that it is YOU who have talked in the past about wanting to get better, so that in my opinion is a positive thought to build on.

You keep in touch with the board yeah!!

Adamxx

Guest cerenbrackston

Hi my friends

Thanks for supporting me..it has been nearly six months now..i have been on medication 19 oct 2004 so on..3.medication at the moment..

Try to keep myself busy and helping gardening..

these suicecidal thoughts are terrible but i know i am not going to do that..

I want to live and be happy with my hubby..thank God that i am getting support from hubbys family and my family from the phone as well..and the friends.

and try to positive and keepong calm..

Hey Ceren,

Look at the last post you have sent. You are doing everything right and have the same goals as last time. So in that respeect nothing much has changed, so that has to be positive.

Try to see what is happening at the moment as a set-back. One thing i think you should bear in mind when you are having a set-back is that you have had to have been moving forwards in the first place to have a set-back!!!

See ya

Adamxx