Good Meds

Guest Brainstrain

Guest Brainstrain

Hi

Just thought I would say that I was put on some meds that I haven't seen anyone else mention before on this site but they seem to be working really well for my pure O.

They are called 'aremis 50 - sertralina' - anyone heard of these?

I can't say they have stopped me having thoughts but they seem to have stopped my reaction to the thoughts. It is like there is something blocking me getting upset or anxious. I feel great!!!

Brainstrain :mad:

Guest Steviemfc

Hi Brainstrain,

I can't say that I have heard of this drug before but if it has been prescribed by a GP and it helps you, then thats good.

I have 'pure o' too and take fluoxetine (prozac) which has really helped me.

Stevie

Guest Marcus

Hiya.

I have never heard of these meds.

I w :mad: ondered what is pure "O" at a guess its when you have obsessional thinking but no compulsive actions or something like that ?? I have seen it written a few times on the forum.

Guest Brainstrain
Hiya.

I have never heard of these meds.

I w :mad: ondered what is pure "O" at  a guess its when you have obsessional thinking but no compulsive actions or something like that ?? I have seen it written a few times on the forum.

38417[/snapback]

Yeah, in my experience it is getting constant unwanted intrusive thoughts and runimating on them for hours getting more and more anxious as you try to work them out or dis-prove them in your mind.

Brainstrain :)

Guest Marcus

Thanks Brainstrain.

Thats me !

Pure "O" sounds like it could be exotic - the name of a perfume, water unfortunately the reality is somewhat different . :mad:

Guest PrincessJenna

I did a google search and the only pages I can seem to find are in spanish!

I do not remember much from my highschool classes-- sorry :wallbash:

From what I can get it is another SSRI. Glad it is working so well for you, I am mostly Pure-O and I am still in the process of "picking" a med. Seeing everyones posts on their experiences with meds has been so helpful.

Sertralina is Spanish for Sertraline. Over here we call it Lustral, in the states it is Zoloft, and in parts of Europe it is known as Besitran...only know that because i take 100mg a day and have a pack in front of me. I have been taking Sertraline for 18months now...i'm pleased that they seem to be helping someone out!!

Adam

Guest hope125

Hi,

Yes. Spanish version of Lustral. By the way I have found Lustral to be very good with very little side effects when beginning to take them and none at all now. Princess Jenna, make sure you choose your medication with your Dr, don't get anything online. I know you wouldn't but just making sure!

Take Care

People

Hope

xx

Guest PrincessJenna
Hi,

Yes. Spanish version of Lustral.  By the way I have found Lustral to be very good with very little side effects when beginning to take them and none at all now.  Princess Jenna, make sure you choose your medication with your Dr, don't get anything online. I know you wouldn't but just making sure!

Take Care

People

Hope

xx

38475[/snapback]

Hope~

Just to reassure, I am not self medicating. My doctor gave me a list of medications to choose from, so I could research them and their side effects before picking a starting point. I have a touch of pharmacaphobia so it is a long process for me!

Thank you so much for your concern!

~jenna

Guest Brainstrain

Hello

Thanks for your replies you've cleared up the mystery for me! I was just worried as no one has mentioned it but thats OK now I know thank you!

Brainstrain :)