Horrible day!!!!

Guest Tommo

Guest Tommo

Hi everyone,

I went back to work today, was feeling a bit anxious before hand and it became worse as the day went on, especially outside of work, the thoughts and doubts have really come back strong this afternoon to the point where I haven't stopped questioning myself :wallbash: . The thoughts of me being a bad person have been much harder to shrug off :(

I'm sure it's the anxiety of going back to work, but i'm feeling pretty down about the fact that one day has knocked me back.

I don't want this to ruin the progress i've made but it's difficult to bring myself back up again as i feel I have to go over in my head loads and loads of time again to reassure myself, but I kind of know this is a bad idea, and what if this keeps happening, I :censored: hate this!!!!!!!!

Sorry, had to just speak about it, very confused again :(

Tommo

I'm sure it's the anxiety of going back to work, but i'm feeling pretty down about the fact that one day has knocked me back.

I'm sure it's probably as you've said. Probably for the last few days knowing that you were going back has been niggling away and caused you more stress.

Hopefully, as the next few days go by you'll feel less OCD-ish. It has a horrible effect with its 'What if I'm not ready' What if I fail again' 'What if I can't do it' and so on, ad infinitum.

Make sure you relax tonight, have a bath, a beer, sort out some good T.V and then anticipate that it might rear it's head again, be prepared but don't wait in fear for it. Tread water a bit through this week and hopefully it will get easier :wallbash:

Guest Tommo

Thanks for the reply, I feel that I need to reassure myself and go over things to make me more satisfied, is this ok to do for a bit? I just feel down about it and I need a bit of reassurance but I do worry that I shouldn't, I don't know??

What do you think?

Let's call it confirmation or support instead of reassurance, we all need a bit of that sometimes and even reassurance isn't always bad as long as it isn't obsessive.

I would try not to go over things too much, not to keep doing mental re-runs of what you did or didn't do during today.

'Reassure' yourself that the worries you've had today are not unusual, that things should improve as the days go by and then make sure you have an enjoyable evening with something to occupy yourself. As Doctor Schwarz says 'Anticipate and Accept'

Caramoole :wallbash:

Guest ScottOCDid
Thanks for the reply, I feel that I need to reassure myself and go over things to make me more satisfied, is this ok to do for a bit?  I just feel down about it and I need a bit of reassurance but I do worry that I shouldn't, I don't know??

What do you think?

38452[/snapback]

Hi Tommo,

Please don't give yourself such a hard time - there's probably very few of us that are good at coping with big changes. Try to take some pressure off yourself while you settle in to your new role. Taking on a new job is a challenge for anyone, with or without OCD.

Good luck,

Scott

:)