finding it hard to cope......

Guest ausiesteve

Guest ausiesteve

hi all,

my name is steve and i havent been dignosed with ocd yet but i feel its in the ballpark of wat i have. From a kid i have never been able to talk to girls, from watching television i was watching a soap show at the age of about 14 and it had an issue with a gay guy.

ever since then i have had the compulsive thought that i was gay cause i havent been able to talk to girls.....this wasnt too bad for a few years till last year wen i went through a massive depressive stage were i lost all my sell confidence and evry time i moved my arms or, i thought...does this look gay?

i know im not gay cause girls interst me, but now a year on i am on antidepressants (effexor) so the thoughts arent really that bad anymore but wenever i move my arms or legs in public i feel uncomfortable and always look to see if people are staring at me, which inturn makes them stare back which just adds to it, now im feeling uncomfortable even moving in the comfort of my own house...............its really bad cause i just wana sit still in bed all day...........

hoping the feelings will go away but am pesimisttic :thumbdown:

only been on the effexor for around three weeks so am hoping for the best

thanks for listening u guys, and girls

Guest Steviemfc

Hi Steve,

Welcome to the boards.

I too have suffered with 'gay fears' OCD for the past 9 years, although after being diagnosed and receiving therapy and meds I feel much better. You can check out my story at http://www.ocduk.org/success/stevie.htm

I too have suffered all the symptoms that you have listed in your post, so you are definately not alone, although you probably think that you are. My advice would be to go and see your GP. THey should then be able to recommend proper treatments to start overcoming the OCD.

All the best

Stevie

Guest ausiesteve

thanks heaps ashie......did u get the thoughts of body movement?????????

if u did thats great news, cause it sort of felt helpless...........thanks again appreciate it

:thumbdown: