5HTP

Guest THINKINGTHINKINGTHINKING

Hi there peoples

Just thought I'd share this with you, now I dont know if its just in my head that its working, but Im becoming more and more convinced.

But anyway Ive been taking some tablets called Serotone 5HTP and I swear the OCD has faded to just the odd thought. I feel happier and more so my headaches have stopped that I was getting everyday. I've been taking 2 a day for a week along with high EPA fish oil.

I hope its not just a phase of feeling good but things are looking up. Im really looking forward to my holiday with my girfriend now, and when Im with her I don't feel anxious all the time. Go back a month ago and I was a mess. :grin: I Got an appoinment at last to see my psychiatrist in May so will see what they say.

I gather some people have tried 5HTP with no sucess, but I also read somewhere that if SSRIs work for you then these are more likely to, where as if SSRIs dont help, then these wont.

Ill keep you posted on what happens, I plan to trial them at least 2 months (unless my doc says no and to take seroxat again)

Has anyone tried with/without success please let me know

Thanx

TTT

DO NOT TAKE 5HTP IF YOU ARE ALREADY ON MEDS, CHECK WITH YOUR DOC

I gather some people have tried 5HTP with no sucess, but I also read somewhere that if SSRIs work for you then these are more likely to, where as if SSRIs dont help, then these wont.

38691[/snapback]

I've tried 5HTP with no success or change at all :censored: Then again, I've had no success with any SSRI's, indeed the opposite.

If you feel they're helping and can afford to buy them, that's all that matters.

Good Luck to you :censored:

Guest vicki

I have taken 5-HTP and Omega 3 capsules on and off for about 6 months now, and I must admit I do feel much happier within myself. I couldn't say if this is directly down to the 5-HTP, but I think it's worth a go.

Sally - 5-HTP is some kind of herbal extract, rumoured to be good for mild depression, although I'm not sure if this has been proven. You can get it from Health shops.

Vicki xx

I have taken 5-HTP  and Omega 3 capsules on and off for about 6 months now, and I must admit I do feel much happier within myself. I couldn't say if this is directly down to the 5-HTP, but I think it's worth a go.

Sally - 5-HTP is some kind of herbal extract, rumoured to be good for mild depression, although I'm not sure if this has been proven. You can get it from Health shops.

Vicki xx

38722[/snapback]

Hi People

This tells you about it, think they sell It too but I got mine else where.

Again It may be rubbish they put accross but Im finding more info as I go and Im sure its helping me.

http://smart-drugs.net/ias-5htp.htm

or

http://www.smart-publications.com/books/5htp/chap-03.htm

TTT