4:00am and ironing and cleaning joy!!!!

Hi all

only me hope none of you mind but come on to have a moan before I blow. :)

My problem is Alan. :mad: :)

He drinks neally every night,ok far enough then he comes to bed then he snores and when I say snores I mean SNORES. No matter how many times I roll him over push him, poke him he wont stop. :censored: This has been going on for some time it dosen't bother me if I'm asleep before him but he will wake me up most of the time and when ever Itry to tell him about it he just shouts at me and tells me to "stop moaning" I can't win he knows he does it more when he has a drink but he wont compromise or lisern to me.

Last night our little boy was ill so I was up with him most of the night then trying to comfort him today and any parent who is caring for a ill child will know how tyering that is. Then tonight he was snoring then I nugged him, he stopped I was just nodding off and he started again then our daughter came in he shouted at me so I got up in rage. So I have have had no sleep done my ironing washed the skirting boards ect ect ect :censored::)

:( sorry to go on but thanks for letting me

I am tierd and angery has any one got any advise for me please apart from sleeping apart

thanks all

samxxx

Guest SallyB

Sam,

Sorry to hear what a dreadful few days you've had. I can't cope without sleep - it makes me really ratty.

We are the other way round - I have bad sinuses and sometimes do snore and keep Neil awake. However, he has earplugs (from Boots) that he puts in if I have a bad night and that is enough for him to get back to sleep. However, if he can't then he does go in the other room. I don't think that is a bad thing every now and again if it helps him to get sleep.

However, I wonder (and please feel free to contradict me) whether it is the snoring you are angry about. I guess that it is really difficult to put up with - but I wonder if the fact that it seems self-induced that makes it worse (ie your partner could stop drinking and consequently stop snoring). However, I don't know whether drinking contributes to snoring (I seem to be able to do it whatever!).

My suggestion would be to talk to your partner when you are both calm about how difficult it is for you when you can't sleep and see if you can come to a compromise/ way forward that you are both happy with.

All the best

Sally

Hi Sally

Thanks for your reply.With Alan when he's not had a drink he just does that heavy breathing thing where he will breath in for ever then nothing I some times give him a poke just to check that he's still alive. But it's when he's had a few beers thats when his snoring becomes a problem, I have tryed to talk to him about this but he will shrugg if off or say he will not drink in the week(that would do me it would save us some money) but he will give it a day then go back to before with beer. But I need sleepas like you I get nasty and I have two kids to chase after all day and they get the brunt of it. But it's when he tells me to stop moaning that hurts when I try to talk about it with him. He can be selfish in that way I think.

take care

samxxx

Guest SallyB

Sam,

I'm sorry. Not sure what else to suggest apart from the ear plugs. I don't know if he's tried those plaster things that you can put on your nose (the marathon runners sometimes wear them). They didn't help me, but they do work for some people.

I do find it helpful to have nap if i've had a bad night - if I get chance. Half an hour can make a difference for me - might be worth it if you can although I know it's difficult with having the children.

Also maybe going to bed earlier so that you have chance to drop off first. I know that Neil finds that helps.

Take care of yourself

Sally