:(

Guest Annabel

Guest Annabel

My life is in tatters just now- financially, academically, work-wise, friendship/relationship wise... just generally.

That aside my grandmother who lives in my house is being horrendous- part dementia, part her personality- and touching a towel that had been used to mop up her accident and then everything in the house is just one other trigger for my OCD, and my younger brother has gone for a scan for a cancer scare just now too and my parents are at risk of losing their house.

Help?! or anything? I don't know, just need to share before I spontaneously combust!

Sorry you've got so much to deal with right now matey.

Let's hope things work out for the best for all of you.

I should imagine it's difficult having your Gran there, but try to persevere. You are a very caring person to have her living with you.

Keep your chin up girl xx

Guest mummywithocd

Hi Annabel, jeez what an unfortunate situation you´re in at the moment and I completely sympathise.

It´s so not fair when as well as our own problems we have to shoulder others problems too (am sorry of that sounds selfish)

I think I mentioned before that my family are having similar financial problems-we´re not sure if the family business will be around this time next year-my husband works there, so that´s our income too :( My mum reminding me of this EVERYDAY really gets me down,EVERYTIME I talk about the future she has to say something like" well, the business mightn´t be here next year..." it really gets to me.So.....I decided to be pro-active, we´re preparing ourselves for the failure of the business in every way we can (mentally and practically), it´s forming like a protective shield around me.

Can you do anything pro active about your situation?

We also have to identify the things and people in our lives that drain our positive energy and then try our best to avoid these people /situations.

Is there anybody who can share these burdens with you, a family member / a close friend? because I know (from personal experience) it sucks when you´re the only one dealing with this stuff.

Anyway,hope I´m making sense, it´s late and I´m shattered...take care Annabel, tomorrow will be better xxx

Yeah I can definitely relate obviously-given how I am dealing with my mother and how my OCD is affected.

I could share some stories but it would affect my OCD just to talk about them.

My OCD seemed to drop down from the trauma of some of the stuff I had to deal with, so who knows, maybe it can happen to you.

Best wishes!

Guest hope*

Hello

You have an awful lot going on, you poor thing. I hope it gets easier soon. I'm sure it will. Maybe doing a bit of mindful meditation if you like it to help you get through all this. Have you got some cds, I can suggest some if you don't.x

Oh Annabel it sounds like you are going through a very hard time. I know that I dont really know you but you seem to be a very strong person and have been working very hard to get through this. You are very clever and you will be strong enough we cant control certain things put you are doning very well with dealing with it. Best of luck and things will get better because you are strong and have fight left in you.

Guest Annabel

Thanks so much everyone. I'll be fine, was just having a bad day yesterday, feeling pretty stuck. Finding my gran's dementia difficult to deal with again today, but I'm hopeful that things might get better.

I saw the clinical psychologist at the CMHT today and she was quite helpful so that was good.

Can I just ask- my gran was just cleaning out a recycling bin (it's more of a tray and it's kept outside in the alley way so gets very dirty) with cleaning fluid, a hose and a mop just now and hasn't washed her hands- should I be concerned? should I ask her to wash her hands before she ends up touching anything food related/door handles? otherwise I have to spray things down and I feel anxious again!

Sorry for the 20 questions and the downer post yesterday. How is everyone else? good day/ bad day? xxx

Edited by Annabel
Guest Annabel

Also mummywithocd, just wanted to send a :hug: and say that if you want to talk about your mum being horrendous/ business situation on here sometimes, we can moan together- or even PM, because life stress definitely impacts on OCD so much!

Edited by Annabel
Guest Annabel

Thanks, :hug: back. How are you today?

Do they provide info. on a lot of things? maybe they could help with elderly care or something! will look into it!

Guest FlyingEagle

Thanks, :hug: back. How are you today?

Do they provide info. on a lot of things? maybe they could help with elderly care or something! will look into it!

Thanks, i am fine. I have never dealt with CAB. You might be best off looking on the the DirectGov website yourself. If you need help i can make some phonecalls for you or try looking on the DirectGov website.

Guest Annabel

Thanks that's sweet of you, I'll message them and see what help we could get for my gran!

I'm sorry everyone for being so dramatic yesterday, the house is still at risk and my brother's not got his results back yet but I might be going to uni again now so that I could live in my flat and not be my gran's carer- my OCD is so much worse at home, looking after my gran so that should be good, although I find keeping on top of work, cooking, cleaning and lectures really hard because of the OCD which seems to affect everything sometimes, but it might make me more hopeful!

Anyone had a good day? xx