More meds??

Guest Deb

Wow, long time since I posted here, hi to everyone!!

Just wondered if anyone knew how safe it is to take sleeping tablets with sertraline (200mg) and respiridone (0.5mg)?

After a terrible relapse in OCD & anxiety symptoms last year, my 15 year old has turned his life around and recovered better than I could have prayed for.

However, two weeks ago someone broke into our home, smashing the window in a bedroom and stole items from the house along with the car. My son was in the house alone at the time.

He hasn't slept since and his symptoms have reappeared almost overnight. The GP has prescribed sleeping pills temporarily but I'm reluctant to go along with this.

Does anyone have any experience of this type of medication combination?

Thanks, Deb xx

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Deb

Im really sorry Ive only just seen this, what a terrible experience for your son. Im sure by now you have already taken the decision as to whether your son should have sleeping tablets or not, I would only have said talk to the doctor again.

So glad to hear he has turned his life around and I hope things settle down again for him quickly.

Carol

Guest willowtree

Hi Deb

I'm sorry to hear that after so much progress, your son had to go through such a terrible thing. I'm not too aware about the sleeping pills either, but I do so hope you both get the support you really need.

Willow xx