A little Christmas hope... our friend Catherine

I am posting this with her permission. Some of our longer serving forum users may remember one of my moderators, Catherine, and guests at our conference in Liverpool may also remember her as the first lady that spoke to open the conference, and she is also Kylie's vice-chair.

For me, she is my longest serving volunteer, even before OCD-UK was formed she was part of my team elsewhere and over the years she has become my 'go to' person when I need to bounce things off someone. She is one of those rare people in life who when they speak, everyone listens, myself included.

Last week Catherine gave me the great honour of asking me to act as a referee for a full-time job she was applying for, in her own words 'It's been 13 years since I had a 'proper' job and it's been a long journey back'.

Yesterday she had her interview, and later that day they gave her a fab Christmas present and the confirmation that she is now the official 'Service User & Involvement Manager' for Sefton, North Liverpool & Kirkby for the Mersey Care Trust. I can not think of anyone better for the job, but also, it shows that we should never give up, because no matter how long it takes us, we can fight back from this illness. The OCD is still there for Catherine, but she is not letting her stop her anymore, and I could not be prouder of my colleague, my friend, our Catherine.

Catherine is one of those very special people who we rarely have the honour of knowing in life. I only know Catherine via the forum but have nothing but respect for this lady and her knowledge and her own personal battle with OCD.

Congratulations and Well Done Catherine. Wishing you the very best in your new role, they've got the right woman for the job.

Caramoole :hug:

i have had the privilage of meeting catherine at conferences and also known her through our time in the mod team.

this is fantasic news and well dererved for a very special lady who i admire very much.

xx

Edited by Biccy

To my dear friends on the forum...

Thank you so much for all your heartfelt wishes and words of support. I am absolutely thrilled to be returnining to the world of work. It's taken 13 long years but has been worth the wait. Even better is that I've been working informally with the Trust for 9 months now so have my own little office space etc so I haven't got to go through all those 'first day nerves'! I'm working with a really good bunch of people too.

Other good news is that I don't need a further CRB check as I only had one in May so hopefully my proper job will start in a matter of weeks.

I'm very excited but also somewhat sad that my dear mum isn't here to share in my joy and unfortunately dad doesn't understand as he has dementia. They have done so much for me in my battles it's just a shame that they are not here in the true sense of the word. However, I'm sure mum is up there smiling down on me :original:

I am still very actively involved with OCD-UK as Vice Chair, it's just that I no longer have the time to commit to the forums. I have looked after dad these past few years and he has had to be my priority. But fear not, Ash doesn't let me off the hook for too long and I like to think I'm still contributing in my role as trustee.

So all you good people, please look after yourselves and thank you for sharing in my little bit of joy.

Catherine xx :wine: