:(

Guest sarahocd

Guest sarahocd

i stopped sertraline three weeks ago and am still having really bad moods swings and am taking it out on people, i feel like ****!

If you are going to reply to this, I don't want any lectures about going to the doctors and i should have gone to the doctors before coming off because i didn't go to the doctors before coming off and i am not going to the doctors, i feel like **** already so only reply if you have something helpful or nice to say :sad:

Sorry to hear that you feel bad i thought it should be out the system by now could it be the pregnancy causing the mood swings i know i had them they went after i was 3 months gone. Try to relax as much as possible i know it`s hard and people will understand your going through a hard time just look after your self your hormones will be all over the place at the moment xx

Guest struggling!

Hi SarahOCD,

I'm not sure why you came off the meds but is there any thing natural or herbal you can take that will make you feel at least a little bit better? I know it won't solve the situation or cure the problem but I think I heard that B vitamins can be helpful for mood?

Also, one thing that I did to help my refocusing aspect of the 4 steps was make a list of all the things that helped me. Perhaps you could do something similar so that it keeps your mind off it a little bit at least?

Struggling!

i stopped sertraline three weeks ago and am still having really bad moods swings and am taking it out on people, i feel like ****!

If you are going to reply to this, I don't want any lectures about going to the doctors and i should have gone to the doctors before coming off because i didn't go to the doctors before coming off and i am not going to the doctors, i feel like **** already so only reply if you have something helpful or nice to say :sad:

Whats the weather like where you are? It been a bit miserable here today, but supposed to be warming up nicely from tomorrow onwards, so hopefully spring is on its way.

Edited by felix4

what do you want to happen then sarah ? sometimes people reply in a way thats supposed to be helpful in a way that is beneficial to you,

so biting the hand that is helping isnt a solution is it ~??

Guest sarahocd

I'm not biting the hand that's helping, the above comments, before yours were great and supportive, messages like that just make people feel worse and there is no need for them :mad2: if people think i am being unreasonable then don't comment

Guest Steve1983

Whats the weather like where you are? It been a bit miserable here today, but supposed to be warming up nicely from tomorrow onwards, so hopefully spring is on its way.

Got to love facetiousness. :)

Guest Steve1983

Its a free for all to comment on here, so lets not kick peoples heads in. No one means mal-intent to anyone....we are all adults with opinions, so lets not get annoyed with each other.

Guest struggling!

I have to agree with legend. Thats what I said in my post - The more I read, the more symptoms I believed I had. I did not and do not have a brain tumour - it was anxiety and OCD making me believe I did and wanting constant reassurance that I was OK. The internet is wonderful as we wouldn't have things like these forums without it but it is also a dangerous thing if it feeds our anxieties and OCD! The research you're doing is a form of checking and reassurance but it isn't actually helping!

Relabel and refocus.

I'm not biting the hand that's helping, the above comments, before yours were great and supportive, messages like that just make people feel worse and there is no need for them :mad2: if people think i am being unreasonable then don't comment

yep sometimes things are said and done with the best intentions sarah. and as a person who has been in your shoes with ocd i often wanted a short term fix, for a long term solution, mental health is horrid nasty evil debilitating illness, to the point of which made me contemplate taking my life

you asked .i stopped sertraline three weeks ago and am still having really bad moods swings and am taking it out on people, i feel like ****!

well thats no wonder, thats what happens when we suddenly stop medication .

retrospectivley , with the right help for your ocd with a decent therapist then your life will get better. thats a fact

i do feel your pain, its horrid nasty bloody illness.

and it is a open forum that people are free to make comments, whether people like them or not. Ive always been a firm believer in attacking the argument rather than the person

Edited by legend