Thank you for the support today

Guest MJP

Thanks everybody for the support today and the very friendly welcome, it is all very much appreciated.

It's been an emotional day, but a real eye opener. Recently I was diagnosed with an incurable genetic condition that affects my ligaments and joints causing me a lot of pain. I have lived with it all my life and knowing about it has really helped to place many many things in my life into much clearer perspective. In fact I thought it even answered the question of my anxiety attacks and general depression throughout my life as sufferers of BHMS (Beneign Joint Hypermobility Syndrome) tend to suffer from depression also. But while listening to Diane explain her symptoms on THIS MORNING that final piece of the complex puzzle that is me fell into place with a resounding crash, and now EVERYTHING seems to make sense. In fact I believe one condition is feeding the other.

For the first time I am able to see a glimmer of what looks like a 'normal' person inside me, what an increadible release. Not so much relief, but release. I can at last stop thinking that I must be losing my marbles.

It also made me realise that my mum has been suffering from OCD for most of her life. I've suspected for a long time that she might have OCD. Never did I believe for one minute however that I might too.

I knew giving birth to my daughter was going to change things. I've learned more about myself in the past year and a half than I ever have.

I've always been very opened minded and have had a very broad view when it comes to my beliefs, and I think that has helped me cope with the problems that I have had throughout my life as a cause of both of these conditions.

It's funny to think that if it wasn't for my OCD I would never have walked across Spain five and a half years ago, even though the BHMS nearly stopped me after the first day! Good job I was none the wiser really.

Again thanks for listening

Much love, Maria :):thumbup:

We're always here to listen Maria and to help wherever we can :)

You sound to have had a real eye opening day today, I'm sorry to hear about the BHMS that must be difficult and very wearing. The OCD, we can help with that.

I'm glad you've found the boards and look forward to helping you work with the OCD problems.

Well Done to This Morning for tackling a difficult but much misunderstood disorder.

Caramoole :thumbup:

Guest lidea123

hiya Maria!!

So sorry to hear about your condition but any time you need to sound off about your ocd always log on and you've got any of us that you can always speak to!! :grin:

You say you have suspected that your mum may have ocd...this doesnt surprise me because my cousin has it too and like me, he has had it since he was younger. Psychological studies have shown that it may run in families so i know where you're coming from on that score!!

it must have been one hell of a day yesterday...but i bet you feel better just knowing what you are going through has a 'title'!!

Well done for taking this first critical step maria!!

Luv Lidea

xxxxxx