fell like a complete *****

Guest twoshoes

Guest twoshoes

When to the supermarket, put all of my shopping on the conveyor belt and then looked at the check out person, he was messing with his chewing gum in his mouth and then he starts touching my shopping and scanning it. I wanted to stop him but I was embarrassed and I knew in reality that his behavior was disgusting but ultimately not harmful. I am using the shopping and I haven't had to decontaminate it in any way, I thought to my self "if I hadn't seen him doing it I wouldn't be worried, so why worry?" real chuffed with myself. I told the Mr whilst we were walking away and he had a bit of a grumble and said how horrid it was and how pleased that my levels of disgust seemed appropriate rather than OCD. It p's me off when they lick their fingers to open the plastic bags which is why i always pack my own shopping.

This sets the scene now here comes the OCD :)

As I was walking away feeling quite chuffed with myself I saw another check out person sitting with her finger in her mouth, I said to the mr "look at her" as we turned together there was a woman sitting in a wheelchair and I made eye contact with her. the mr knew I was talking about the checkout woman but the lady in the wheelchair wouldn't have knomn this. I feel terrible because I know our faces wouldn't have been very smiley because we were complaining to each other about how some checkout staff are very ****.

I feel really s :) y because I am so worried that the lady in the wheelchair thought the look at her was directed at her. My Mom is in a wheelchair due to a chronic physical illness, I would never poke fun at people with a disability. I feel a little uncomfortable about comedy like Andy in little Britain. When I go out with my mom sometimes people talk down to her or ignore her and talk to me. I hate this, my mom is a kind, clever and friendly person and her not being able to walk doesn't make any difference to this. But people make assumptions and I would hate that lady to think I was one of those people.

The Mr thought I was getting upset because of the licky finger man and when we were on the carpark i told him why. I said I wanted to go back and explain to the lady and he said it was not a big deal, and not to worry. But it's been 14 hours and I am sitting crying about it and I know it's the OCD making it worst but I don't know what to do.

All I can think is how bad it makes my mom feel when people stare at her, or pass coments and how I may have made this lady feel like that.

I don't know how to deal with this, any ideas? I can't keep on crying like this.

Guest gemgem

the lady in the wheelchair probly diddnt even notice and if she did i dont think sjhed be crying about it now. think of it taht way. be brave! :)

Guest Automated Alice

Hi Twoshoes,

sounds like OCD has caught you at a sensitised moment due to the licky finger man, lol. And it jumps around onto other things as well so if it cant get us on one thing it'll fix onto something else , the :)!!!

its the kind of thing that bothers me too, lke the lady in the wheelchair, but she probably hasnt noticed like gem gem says :)

But youve hit it over the head on one occasion lol , keep on !!!

xx

Guest kirk27

Hi

two shoes

Try and be calm, its typical that your ocd will play up in these situations not only are you gonna have that guilt but there is the added ocd guilt, hey!! you have nothing to be guilty about........

what you got to do is

1,calm down

2,ingnore all the bad that the ocd is forcing upon you

3, now tell yourself that.. whats happend has happened

and take on board gem gems advice here, as i side with her

whats done is done everything is ok now

you are getting all the ******** nonsence that ocd can throw

at you, you have to in these situatins decide , make a cut off point and move on

cheers

kirk