Major Hypochondrisis!! HELP!!

Guest lidea123

Guest lidea123

hiya there people! its me again! :)

i totally feel like i'm being a burden on uz all here, constantly seeking reassurance and advice but i've woke up with this worry and i need to talk about it.

Basically, i've convinced myself that ive got Hodgkins Lymphoma. A weird one....i know...and i cant tell you how much the i'm terrified of actually writing it incase i'm tempting fate (if i havent already got it) Stupid b :thumbup: y ocd talking there i suppose :)

I keep getting shooting pains up my neck which my mum assures me is tension but i'm convinced is not. i'm also getting itchy which as i seen in Doctor's (which as a self-confessed hypochondriac i shouldnt have watched anyway) is a symptom of Hodgkins disease!! :( Aarrgghh, i feel so annoyed with myself for worrying but i cant help it. ive actually had to stop myself ringing my doc and demanding an all over health check!!!

The thing is, as well as having pure 'o' i suppose my ocd has extended to hypochondrisis since i was younger too. Meninigitis used to be my big thing and i suppose it still is-everytime i get what remotely looks like a rash, the tumbler comes out and i roll it over and over said rash until i'm convinced it disappears!!

The other day my mum broke her arm and i took her to hospital...i already felt ill going in the place, what with all the madness about MRSA but i love my mum so much, i had to swallow my fear and just go in there. I wouldnt let her or me touch ANYTHING in there incase there was MRSA lurking anywhere. When i came out i scrubbed my face and my hands about ten times and i made my mum scrub hers. Is this my ocd? :help:

Thanks for listening everyone.

Luv Lidea

xxxxx

Guest Sammyhostie

Hi honey.

I have severe hypochondrias, last night i was convinced i was going t have a heart attack, got even more anxious, bad palps, more anxiety, you know the score.

It is ABSOlUTELY your OCD dont worry. I was in hospital for an op last week, and i culdnt wait to get out bcos of MRSA risk and stuff.

The Hodgkins thing as well i haev had and stil have a bit, my friend died of it very suddenly a few weeks ago and my OCD has been on illness related overdrive since then.

I have the tempting fate thing as well, i hate actually writing these things down (like heart attacks) because it makes it more real and im really scared just doing this!

I know how hard it is sweetheart, there are quite a few users on here like us, we all have to stay strong together. PM if you need anything at all.

lots of love and strength

Sammie xx :thumbup:

Guest lidea123

Thank you so much chick...at least i'm not the only one going through this!! Its awful tho isnt it? i'm totally sick of feeling this way...next week it will be some other disease that ive got. My mum says i read too much about diseases and that too much knowledge is dangerous in this case!! Think she may be right!!

Thanks again chick!!

Luv Lidea

xxxxx

Guest kirk27

Hi lidea

I had this very early on in my ocd career :lol2: , i did make a few visits to the doc too often , wich i now feel stupid of, trouble starts when friends suffer or other things you start to take on boardfrom books or news, then we sit and think, and think ,and think, then we are of to the bloomin doctors again,

We need to take a step back from news, friends illness etc and say before our ocd or obsessiveness get a hold of the idea that we are gonna get some disease , or lillness, we must say RIGHT I AM NOT GONNA GET THAT, we can say that but we will feel the fear , creeping but we should know by then that its pure obssesion ,

And we can then distance ourself and know what really is the truth,

kirk xx