OCD and schizophrenia! HELP!

Guest lidea123

Guest lidea123

hi everyone!

Ive had to get out of bed to do this. i feel really low today. just needing some support really. some of uz will know that my ocd centres around being terrified of epilepsy and schizophrenia.

For the past two hours, thoughts of me having schizophrenia have been polluting my mind and i'm sure i'm hearing things.i keep hearing noises and i cant find their source and i'm sure they're coming from inside my head. I keep putting my fingers in my ears to blot out all outside sound, in order for me to see if i can hear voices and up till now i cant . (luckily)

i didnt know who else to turn to. i've tried to re-read imp of the mind to see if it will calm me down but i keep reading the same line over and over again and i cant concentrate. i've just about managed to hold it together and stop myself having one of my raging panic attacks but i dont know how long i can hold it off for!! :D

the thing is, i'm so p ;) d off because i've had SUCH a good couple of weeks; the intrusive thoughts have just about stopped and i havent had a full blown panic attack for about 6 weeks. Considering i was averaging out at about 5 panic attacks a day prior to this, i think thats pretty good going!

I really dont think i could cope with feeling as low as i did two months ago. But dont worry folks, i'm not about to do anything daft (far too selfish for that sort of thing!! :) ) I mean, i'm starting to question the fact about me actually havin ocd...what about if i'm just some sort of insane person who is just holding it together and i've actually got the onset of schizophrenia? I feel sick just thinking about this. What about if what ive been thinking is ocd is actually schizophrenia and i havent realised it?? I'm reading this now and i sound like a total neurotic nutcase!! Please can everyone be honest with me and tell me if any of you have eva felt this? I better go because i'm just rambling now... :thumbup:

Thanks

Luv Lidea

xxx

Hi there lidea :D

I am just dashing out so can't reply much but will write a longer reply later ;).

I just wanted to say that a fear of having schizophrenia is a very common OCD, one which you will find many people on here can empathise with. I can say 100% sure that you don't have schizophrenia - you wouldn't be worried about it like you are if you did.

Hope that helps,

Northern Star

Guest lidea123

hiya Northern Star-i'm glad ur back and well!! ;)

Thank you very much for that- it has made me feel better!!

As it happens, when i eventually dropped off to sleep (about 4am) i had calmed myself down! And i'm in a lush mood today. All that paranoia about schizophrenia has gone and when i did actually calm down, i realised the noises were from my brother's room next door-he had his music on!! they werent in my head!!

But i'm sure everyone knows what its like when the ocd kicks in- you doubt everything and everything becomes such a big issue!!!

I know all the facts about schizophrenia, which may be a bad thing because i obsess on these facts and sometimes my ocd makes them become so believable, i do actually think i have it. And i know that if i did have the disorder, i wouldnt be questioning it because it would be 'sane' to me wouldnt it?

My best friend, who also suffers from ocd, keeps me positive- she's always telling me 'its the sane ones who think they're insane and the insane ones who think they're sane!'

See how much more sense i make when the ocd is not affecting me as much??

I look forward to your next reply northern star!!

And good on u girl, for getting better!! :D

Luv Lidea

xxxxx

Guest hope125

Hi,

am also popping out but would just like to say if you had schizophrenia you wouldn't be questioning it. If questioning anything it is always OCD. I used to have a terrible fear of developing schizophrenia.

I too have questioned whether my dr or thearpaist have diagnosed me correctly but that is the OCD making me question it. I have honestly had all those thoughts you are getting right now. Also, don't worry you are just going what through what they call a destabilising period, you will get back on track, it won't ever be as bad as the first time it hit you. I say this as i have been through all this. THe most important thing to do is keep occupied at the moment.

will post in more deatil later but i can also guarantee that you have not got it!!!

Speak later

Hope

xxxxx

Hi Lidea

I think fear of schizophrenia, insanity and really believing that you are 'Mad' ,as opposed to having OCD, are probably amongst the most commonly held fears that OCD sufferers have, you are not alone.

Glad to hear things don't seem as bad today :D

Guest kirk27

Hi ,

Nomatter , where we go, who we see, what we read, ocd will always find a subject to (hurt us , its trickey when the new thought or obsession comes as

it, like the others, feels fresh real and very hurtfull but we have to treat it like the way we treat the other thoughts

Also i feel we can be comfortable in the FACT that we know in advance that ocd will pickup subjects that we worry over. we just got to distance ourself , basicly say OH WELL , HERE IT IS ITS THE NEW THOUGHT ,WHATS NEXT I WONDER , WILL THE JELLY AT MY DADS BIRTHDAY SWALLOW ME UP IF SOMEONE DONT EAT IT????? typical ocd, i am so cynical in my old age.... that must mean i am getting better

Be brave lidea, i know you can be :) you will not get anything that ocd tells you,

kirk

Hi again Lidea :)

Sorry I didn't reply sooner, not been around much on here.

I think people have said what I would have really and also you have said it too! It is the OCD making you worried that you might have schizophrenia but like people have said the very fact that you are worried about means that you don't. I am glad that you managed to see that for yourself :boxing: but I know how hard it can be to think rationally in the middle of an OCD attack.

Hope you're doing OK :lol: