comfort eating and ocd

Guest tizzkins

Guest tizzkins

Hi there well this topic title really speaks for itself. I was just wondering if anyone in the group has associated their ocd with comfort eating. It seems to me that just lately i am doing a lot of comfort eating especially since coming off my medication for ocd. I do however understand that the two could totally be unrelated which is why i was wondering if anyone else had had any similar thoughts.

Liz

Hi Tizzie :D

I'm not aware of any specific connection between OCD and comfort eating but of course comfort eating is very common with many emotional illness's ranging from depression, lonliness etc. Many use eating as a form of comfort. I suppose the good thing is that you are aware of what you're doing and maybe need to ask 'Do I really want this?' before popping it in.

Guest Pootle

Tizzkins... a few thoughts... firstly you coming off your meds may have altered your appetite or metabolism. Secondly, I would guess it is perhaps more likely to be depression related. Just my thoughts on the subject.....

I am phobic about certain types of food- OCD but a relatively recent addition to my amusing portfolio of things I must avoid!! :D

Guest lilyelspeth

I do this as well so you are not alone. I eat at times to stop from performing rituals. I get so lost in eating that I forget about why I was so upset in the first place.

Guest kezia

i too used to do a lot of comfort eating due to my ocd and depression to the effect that i put on 30 pounds!!!!!! :omg: i managed to lose half of it and im still on a diet and im finding it way to hard to stick to it but im trying-whether ill make it or not still remains ro be seen :lol2:

Guest tizzkins

Hi all many thanks for your replies it all helps to build up a picture of what may or may not be affecting me, i do understand however that the ocd and comfort eating could be totally unrelated.

Take care everyone.

Liz x