OCD and Inconsistency...

Guest Pootle

Guest Pootle

Ok.... am still here!! I reckon I have possibly read every post now or near as damn it :lol2:

In the last few days, simce discovering all of you, I have really started analysing my OCD. This has got me thinking....

My OCD seems to be very inconsistent. Major example- I have a fear of contamination- germs,medication, poison, chemicals, food.. they all revolve around the central theme that if I touch/ eat I will die either because of an allergic reaction or because they are so harmful. Cooking for example is very hard for me to do as I don't trust that I haven't poisoned what i make and also don't trust the safety of the food along with constant washing of hands, the food itself and implements.

With the cooking/ food thing, why therefore can I perfectly trust a restaurant/ takeaway?? eating one now in fact?? :blushing: :blushing:

The other major inconsistency is that despite my germs thing i CANNOT touch or be anywhere near chemicals especially bleach. I can barely have them in the house, in fact if I had my way they would all be stored under lock and key outside of the house. So its like a state of limbo really- I hate the germs but the chemicals are scary for the same reason!

Does anyone else's OCD display such weird inconsistencies as I would really like to understand this?? :)

Thanks

V

xx

Guest summerleft

HIYA

I think everyones OCD is inconsistant after all it is trying to make us believe things that arent real all the time,

I had in the past worry about germs but could happily go out and muck out a stable or garden!

I once read a quote ' with OCD the brain believes anything is possible' and how true is that!

so dont worry we are all the same, if OCD made sense we wouldnt have a problem ..............

lots of luck

:blushing: