flip... don't you just hate it...

Guest Pootle

Guest Pootle

Don't you just hate It when you are shattered and really have to go bed but know you can't coz you have to go thru the checks.....

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :blushing: :blushing:

Never mind, I can see the funny side too.... JUST WANNA GO TO BED!!! :lol2: :lol2:

GO TO BED VEE :lol2: :lol2:

Seriously, how's about making a list of some of the less scary things that you're going to work on NOT doing before you go to bed. Pick something that causes you some discomfort but is less scary than others and let's see if we can't add success's to that list as the weeks go by.

I could do with an odd bed time ritual, like taking my make-up off properly :blushing: :blushing:

Good Luck Vee :)

I've just found this thread. I have alot of bedtime checks too. I know what it's like Vee, you get so tired and you just want to stop. I usually make loads of checking mistakes because I'm tired and I get upset/angry.

Hope everything went well Ittyk.

I'm going to try and not check my 1st alarm after I set it. I have two just incase the one doesn't go off. Is that step a bit small or should I go for something bigger?

Love

Gayle

xoxox

Don't you just hate It when you are shattered and really have to go bed but know you can't coz you have to go thru the checks.....

42086[/snapback]

I know exactly how you feel Vee, but I have had mixed experiences with lack of sleep at night OCD wise.

Whilst lack of sleep can be a contributing factor to OCD, I had my main breakthrough late one night. I was too tired to go through my rituals so I just went to bed, I awoke the next morning to find I felt great and I pushed on and exposed myself to the other fears I had later that day.

So for me the late night OCD thing can be a pain, but it also pushed me towards recovery.

Guest Beth

I know how you feel too, and even though I went without it one night I still do it now, though I try to compromise by saying when enough is enough and sometimes it works but it might be because I have the 'do it til it feels right thing'. If you want some hope, I was once so tired I lay on my bed and accidentally fell asleep, and nothing bad happened, yet I continue to fear going to bed, because I'm weak and give in.

Feel free to release your emotions on here if you can't get past the rituals, I find it helps.

Beth

Guest SallyB

I too have to check before I go to bed - and know that feeling of dread of the time to check arriving. I have also put off going to bed until really late as I know that I will have to check and cannot face starting it.

However, recently I have found something that works for me. When I am watching something on telly I wait until the ad break and then check a room and shut the door. That room is now checked and I do my best not to go back in to recheck it. I then watch until the next ad break and check another room and so on until the programme I am watching has finished and I can finish my final checks upstairs. It is not easy but confining it to the ad breaks gives me a time limit as I want to get back to my programme - plus the time watching the telly takes the anxiety out of thinking about what I have just checked.

Hope this helps

Sally