ocd

Guest jayjay

Guest jayjay

Hi everyone

i have at last plucked up the courage to share my feelings with you all. i have suffered with obsessions since about the age of 10 (i am now 34)five years ago my obsession was tablets but i managed to set that demon to rest. now it's toilets(does anyone else have different obsessions?)like me. I feel like i'm going mad, i can't stop crying (i am on medication and it has helped a bit, but i think that when i use the toilet the whole seat is dirty after me. I worry and worry that i am passing germs onto others, especially if i have to do no. 2s(sorry) i have to keep cleaning the seat, then i'm worrying because my hands are dirty, and i have to prepare food for my family, i have to wash them at least 4 times. :)

I have started to try and wait 5 minutes before the second wash and to do word search instead and then see how i feel. I have made myself a tick chart and put ticks for the good days. there are more bad days than good at the moment.

:)

I also worry when passing drains, i feel they are smelly and dirty and when i pass them i want to wash my hands.

sorry about the ramble on but i felt so low i had to share my thoughts,

cheers

jayjay

Guest kirk27

Hi there and welcome , sounds like you are haveing a tough time but i, like many on this forum can to relate to what you have writen .

Fear of contamination is typical of ocd , there

there really is no need to worry you will not contaminate others you just think you will, the trouble is we convince ourselves we are and it is important not to take note of what ocd suggests of course it easy for me to say that but its the truth.

t but i see you atre using metheds to distract or prevent your traits wich is good i like a fighter ,

Plus you are right about good and bad days we all have them the best day for me last week was wednesday the rest were not so good but here i am aT the weeked typing again!! so no matter what is thrown at you jay , be positive !!!

Also when you are in a situation that you can not resolve just STOPtake a deep breath and try and break away becuase you are riding high on the anxiety and steping away will not just bring the anxiety down but you will break the cycle

do that and things will get a whole lot easier

all the best

kirk

Guest kezia

hello jayjay,

yes this fear of contamination that you have is so typical of ocd dont you worry at all that your going mad, i read about so many ppl that are worried about contaminating others and im starting to feel so selfish coz i only worry about becoming contaminated myself :lol2: dont yu ever hesitate to communicate your feelings to others sharing will help you a lot, i ve been reading these boards for 2 days and i feel better already, its no good bottling your feelings inside, plz feel free to pm me any time - i have also diff obsessions when my ocd first started it was about HIV :thumbup: , right now im afraid of becoming pregnant or going blind if i dont read a certain passage in a book a certain number of times (crazy or wat huh) i also wanted to ask if having diff obsessions is 'normal' with ocd but now reading your post i see that more possibly than not it is and that made me feel better :huh:

hugs

angel

Guest jayjay
hello jayjay,

yes this fear of contamination that you have is so typical of ocd dont you worry at all that your going mad, i read about so many ppl that are worried about contaminating others and im starting to feel so selfish coz i only worry about becoming contaminated myself  :lol2: dont yu ever hesitate to communicate your feelings to others sharing will help you a lot, i ve been reading these boards for 2 days and i feel better already, its no good bottling your feelings inside, plz feel free to pm me any time - i have also diff obsessions when my ocd first started it was about HIV  :thumbup: , right now im afraid of becoming pregnant or going blind if i dont read a certain passage in a book a certain number of times (crazy or wat huh) i also wanted to ask if having diff obsessions is 'normal' with ocd but now reading your post i see that more possibly than not it is and that made me feel better  :huh:

hugs

angel

42198[/snapback]

thanks kezia i do feel better after readingyour letter love jay jay

Guest jayjay
Hi there and welcome , sounds like you are haveing a tough time but i, like many on this forum can to relate to what you have writen .

Fear of contamination is typical of ocd , there

there really is no need to worry you will not contaminate others you just think you will, the trouble is we convince ourselves we are and it is important not to take note of what ocd suggests  of course it easy for me to say that but its the truth.

t but i see you atre using metheds to distract or prevent your traits wich is good i like a fighter ,

Plus you are right about good and bad days we all have them the best day for me last week was wednesday the rest were not so good but here i am aT  the weeked typing again!! so no matter what is thrown at you jay , be positive !!!

Also when you are in a situation that you can not resolve just STOPtake a deep breath and try and break away becuase you are riding high on the anxiety and steping away will not just bring the anxiety down but you will break the cycle

do that and things will get a whole lot easier

all the best

kirk

42189[/snapback]

thanks kirk i do think it's a good idea sharing our feelings and thoughts it does help

love jay jay