low sex drive, any other med out there

Guest sunnier

Guest sunnier

hi everyone

i am taking 150 mg of zoloft right now, and it has affected my sex drive, is there any other medication i can take that doesnt have this side effect for treating OCD.

thanks

Hi Sunnier,

Sorry to hear about your side-effects problem. Unfortunately it is quite common for antidepressant medication to do this. when i was taking clomipramine i had a very similar problem.

What i advise is that you perhaps talk to the person who prescribed this medication for you. The main problem is not everyone gets this side-effect...and it is by no means related purely to the medication you are taking or that i took in the past. that said speak to someone about and get their opinion.

Adam

Guest kezia

hi sunnier

i ve tried different antidepressents for my ocd partly becoz of their side effects - different antidepressents have different side effects on different ppl or they may have no side effects at all, depends on a variety of factors - you should discuss it with your doctor and maybe try some other medication and see if it works better for you

my best wishes

angel

Guest Steviemfc

Hi Sunnier,

I'm currently taking 40mg of Fluoxetine (Prozac) and my sex drive has been really affected too. I'm going to speak to my GP about it soon to see if there are any supplements that could be taken.

Stevie