Question about Antidepressants

Guest rpeders3

Guest tangoblu

Hiya rpeders

Antidepressants can take some time to kick in - if you are at all concerned though it is best to go back to your GP/Psychologist or whoever prescribed them in the first place.

Some antidepressants don't suit some people and it might mean trying a different one but your GP will be able to advise.

Good luck and take care.

Pam

Guest PrincessJenna

Hi,

I am going to be starting on anti-depressants in the next week. My psychiatrist has already forwarned me that their may be a worsening in the anxiety symptoms that I have currently as I adjust to the medication. She said in large part it is due to the fact that I am hyper-aware of my body and will notice each and every change. It is also in part to your body learning how to process and work with the drug.

As tangoblu said, if you are at all concerned definately contact your doctor!! They would certainly know better than I if this is something to be worried about, just thought I would throw in my 2¢.

Good Luck!

~pj

Hello....as you can see some people do suffer frtom adverse side effects from taking/increasing dosages of anti-depressents. Certainly one of the pronounced side effects of the SSRI range is increased anxiety/agitation for a short while...this does tend to go from my own personal experience.

I think that the worst side effects that i have experienced have been on the older trycyclic antidepressants. Lofepramine made me very hot and sweaty. Clomipramine made me overweight, lethargic, dry as a bone, constipated, trouble passing water and sexual dysfunction....nice!!!

The best advice to give is to be aware that some side effects may occur from taking this medication. If they get too much then go see your doctor

Adam