Stress with kids

Guest Brainstrain

Guest Brainstrain

Hi

I haven't been on here for ages but I'm really struggling.

A bit personal, but my 2 daughters 2 & 4 have been getting thrush off and on for a while. Took them to the drs on Thursday to see if they could give me some different cream to try and the dr asked me if there was any chance they were being abused! I know she was doing her job and its right for them to be vigilant but since then my head has just been in a spin. The answer of course is definitely no but in my OCD brain I'm fluctuating between suspecting everyone I know of hurting them to thinking that I'm going to get them taken off me at the drop of a hat and its seriously doing me in. But now I'm to the point where I'm scared to stop worrying about it in case me not worrying about it makes it happen - if that makes sense! I just don't know what to do with myself.

The thing is aswell that I was planning to go back to the drs myself as I think my anxiety meds need to be upped but I'm too scared to do that in case they think I'm not a fit mother for needing more meds, that I can't cope.

I'd be really grateful if anyone could give me some kind words!

Thank you

Sarah xx

hi

i wouldnt worry too much about this, candida also known as thrush is a natural bacteria that lives on the skin, you dont have to be sexually active to get thrush either, so the doctor that saw you had no right to say that and make you worry more, ocd is horrible and i can understand that with what he said about abuse would play on anyones mind with or without ocd!

its quite rare for kids to get thrush down below, but saying that can still happen if they have tight knickers on etc. i would go back to the doctors and ask them to do a swab, as it cant be nice for the children itching all the time, it may not even be thrush.....

but dont worry, you know as a mother that your kids are loved and looked after. and no one will take them away, your probably thinking the worst case scenario, which is definately the ocd at work, dont let it beat you and get back to the docs.

take care x

jo

Guest Brainstrain

Thanks Jo,

Reassuring words, the rational part of my brain knows that its probably because they were both on antibiotics for a throat infection a couple of weeks ago and share the same bath and towels etc so gonna make an effort to make sure they only use their own towels to stop it spreading between them. Plus apparently I was prone to getting it if I drank too much orange squash when I was little and had it constantly during my pregnancies and my mum can only use one brand of bubble bath/soap or she gets it just like that so maybe genetically we're just sensitive to it if that can happen?

I feel a bit calmer today after talking it through with a friend at work but I know probably when I'm trying to go to sleep tonight the OCD thoughts will be back :(

Thanks again x