Hi all!

Hope you are all ok.

Just thought I'd check in and let you know I'm reducing my citalopram. I've been on 80 mg for years now, but in light of the recent reports and findings about the drug, I've got to reduce. The doc had brought me down to 20mg since last Fri I think. Been having head shocks - sudden flashes of being dizzy and feeling unbalanced, a bit grouchy at times and feeling woozy and tired. Still got to come down again yet.

Anyone else had to reduce?

Ooba x

Guest Zonegirl

Not sure about Citalopram personally but thats sounds way, way to fast to me hence you feel how you do.. I would say much slower..

Hi Ooba,

I agree with Beckyn on this, & I`m surprised about this sudden decrease (80mg to 20mg)? Also, I thought the new lower limit was 40mg, so has this been revised?

I have mainly been on 50mg, & had this lowered to 40mg because of this new lower limit. Actually, I have since gone further & now down to 30mg, & touchwood, feeling better off OCD symptom wise? With regards to withdrawal, I have also suffered the same "very" sudden dizzy spells, but also had very vivid twisted dreams!

xx

Edited by felix4
Guest Oneb

Hey Ooba, sounds way too fast to me, I had similar advice from my docs about reducing strength (Seroxat in my case), and I experienced the same side effects, and I know how awful they can be.

Go back to your doc and tell him of your side effects, maybe your medication is available in liquid form? This way you can bring it down in a much more controlled and manageable pace. I have taken 3 months to move off Seroxat and managed it without any side effects (the prescribing book says 2 weeks).

Definatly go back to your docs and talk to him, because whilst his advise might be from the book, but we are all different.

Best of luck mate and I hope the transition is a smooth one for you.

Guest Oneb

Doh! I shoulda put I've come down 20!! I'm on 60 now, then down another 20 soon x

Dude, doesn't really matter about the numbers you are reducing by, if you are experiencing the side effects, I would still recommend that you get the right balance between reducing your medication and managing the side effects. Hope it's going ok for you : )